• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about possible residual files.

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Recently ive been doing a great deal of work with Premiere Pro. One thing ive noticed recently is that if working on several projects if i dont watch it i can find 20 40 50 gigs worth of junk back up files and renders i dont need and killing my small hard drive. So my question is when using audition to make recordings sometimes it as you can imagine takes multiple takes to get something down.

So when i stop the recording and go up  to new Audio file are there any unwanted residual files stored taking up space or when you go to new recording its just a new recording with no left over? Thank you

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

It depends upon whether you record in Multitrack or Waveform view. If you record in Waveform view and don't save the file, then it remains as a temp file, and will disappear completely when you close Audition. If you record in Multitrack, then it's direct to file, and whatever you record will remain - you had to name it before you recorded it, that that stays - which is a good thing as far as most people are concerned! If you try to import a file at the wrong sample rate, then Audition will auto

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends upon whether you record in Multitrack or Waveform view. If you record in Waveform view and don't save the file, then it remains as a temp file, and will disappear completely when you close Audition. If you record in Multitrack, then it's direct to file, and whatever you record will remain - you had to name it before you recorded it, that that stays - which is a good thing as far as most people are concerned! If you try to import a file at the wrong sample rate, then Audition will automatically create a rate-converted version of it as a standalone file, but this won't be saved unless you take specific steps to save it, and you will get a warning/reminder about this when you close the session. If you comp vocals in Audition, it will (unfortunately) save absolutely every take until you delete them, but that's quite a specific use case that I guess you're unlikely to run into if you're using it with Premiere.

Premiere is different from this POV though, as you get into the whole business of rendering, which is different from the way Audition works in this regard, and will inevitably store more junk.

As far as backup storage is concerned, the only automatic backups in Audition are its .sesx files, which generally aren't that large. When you save a project though, you will be asked whether you wish to store copies of the audio in the same location as the .sesx file - and it's often a good idea to do that. Not always though, and you do get the choice. In general, Audition is a lot more transparent about what's backed up than Premiere is, I think. OTOH that may be because I'm rather more familiar with Audition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnks Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a bit old now but this might be worth a look mediasweeper 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines