• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Export with Adobe Media Encoder" greyed out in Adobe Audition

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing sound editing of a film project on Audition with multitracks with video reference. Now, I want to export everything as a video file with audio, but for whatever reason, the "Export with Adobe Media Encoder" option in the Export drop menu is greyed-out (but funnily enough, the "Export to Adobe Premiere Pro" is not).

Does someone has a clue as to how to "ungrey" it, so that I can export my video and audio tracks together with Encoder?

Note: The project was created from scratch in Adobe Audition, it's not coming from Premiere Pro through Dynamic Link.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

You need to make sure that all your versions are up to date and of the same vintage. If they are it may be that the order in which you installed them caused Audition to miss finding ME. You may have to re-install it to get Audition to recognise that it is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make sure that all your versions are up to date and of the same vintage. If they are it may be that the order in which you installed them caused Audition to miss finding ME. You may have to re-install it to get Audition to recognise that it is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks ryclark. Just to clarify, when you say "You may have to re-install it to get Audition to recognise that it is there", do you mean to install Audition again, or ME, or both? I have recently updated Media Encoder, Audition and Premiere Pro. Premiere Pro exports to ME just fine, but Audition greys out the options to export to ME and Prem Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryclark's not around presently, but generally these days it's safe to assume that if the app says everything is up to date, it is. But if in any doubt, reinstall both - in this instance with ME first, just in case Audition is looking for it as it installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait what?? We are using cloud applications, bundled together, sold at a premium and our best responses are Reinstall it or clear preferences every time it breaks?

I used audition, moved the audio to premiere and now it wont export.  Clearly a linking issue or the inability to completely restart adobe products.

ADOBE  HEYYYY!!!! Any chance you can not make your users the but of your sick reset/install jokes and fix these things? your site is littered with them.  Just a button ..Kill all adobe process, restart all adobe process?  I mean working hours on a project and then the final button prevents your finishing is INSANELY frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sick of these updates wrecking my projects. No wonder everyone is going back to FCP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryclarks answer isnt correct. Its actually a bunch of horse#$%^ that Adobe feeds us when they dont know how to fix their own programs!  You can keep everything updated to the tee all the time and it will still do this. Its just another in a long line of bugs that Adobe refuses to acknowledge so it will never be fixed. Add it to the list tbh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the stupidest thing in the world, but if you want to export to media encoder you need to have the 'program' panel in focus. In layman speak that means your preview window (where you can watch the video and you can choose full, 1/2, 1/4 resoltuion etc) has been clicked on and has a blue line around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines