• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording a Skype call

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need clarification about recording a call from Skype, especially about the settings. Am I able to record my guest's voice in Multitrack on the second track while mine is on the first track? How do I set the input for the second track? How do I set the Audio Hardware settings? Do I need to change the Input/Output settings on the MacBook Pro in the control panel? I have my MacBook Pro connected to a Mackie FX8v2. I have a splitter cable in channel 5/6 and connected to the MacBook Pro. The red plug is in Line in 5 (L) port and the black plug is in the Line in 6 (R) port. I am basing the setup on a YouTube video by Shannon Hernandez, called, 'How to Record Skype Calls for Podcast with Adobe Audition.' Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

We're going to have a little difficulty with this, as most of us here use PCs, not Macs, and I certainly don't know how it might be different. Also, many people have found that setting up Audition to record Skype calls, whilst possible, isn't exactly an ideal way to do it, especially if you want each side of the conversation kept separate. Certainly for PCs, and I expect for Macs too, there are stand-alone recording apps that can achieve this. But with Audition as the recording software, you hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're going to have a little difficulty with this, as most of us here use PCs, not Macs, and I certainly don't know how it might be different. Also, many people have found that setting up Audition to record Skype calls, whilst possible, isn't exactly an ideal way to do it, especially if you want each side of the conversation kept separate. Certainly for PCs, and I expect for Macs too, there are stand-alone recording apps that can achieve this. But with Audition as the recording software, you have to either use an external mixer, or set up some form of internal routing (on PCs we have Virtual Audio Cable), and this is definitely a bit more of a pain to do. There are some Mac possibilities, I believe - have a look here: https://alternativeto.net/software/virtual-audio-cable/?platform=mac

What I've found that absolutely works best with Skype interviews though is, if you can, getting the person at the other end to make a higher-quality recording of what they're saying and send you that in a file - then all you have to do is replace their lower-quality downstream audio feed with the appropriate parts from it, and it can almost sound as though you're in the room with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SteveG!

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 6:30 AM, SteveG(AudioMasters) <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How is it done with Windows users?  The general question I have is how do I use Audition to record any service where I interview others remotely (i.e., Skype, Zoom, Soundtrack, Restream, Riverside.fm, etc.)? Can this be done through multitrack? If so, how? If not, what is the workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines