• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing file size in Audition

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a 20 minute mixdown. It is around 16mb and I need it to be less than 5mb, and a wav or mp3 file. HELP!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting to 5 meg for 20 minutes is going to be pushing it and will mean a quality compromise.

Two things...from your MP3 file size I'm assuming you have a stereo file at 128kbps.  If you convert it to mono that'll halve the file size.  Once you've done that, if you step down the MP3 compression until you fit your limit...96kbps might do it but you might have to go down to 80 or even 64kbps...and there WILL be an audible difference in quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This worked for me.  I went to File->Save As->Format Settings & Change button->Select 96 from drop-down menu.  My file went from 200MB (at 320 kb/s) to 64MB (at 96 kb/s).  Sounds exactly the same to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I respectfully suggest then that you need something rather better to listen to it on! (see what Bob said above...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrea!
Thank you so much for your "Reply."
Too often someone will say then did something that worked yet neglect to explain exactly what they had done.
You answer is detailed and clear!!!
THANK YOU!!
🙂
Vanessa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, directions helped me out so much! It saved me so much time. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines