Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save to new file naming

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I wondered if there's a way to change the file name Audition automatically gives to each save to new? Basically I have one long recoding which I have to divide up according to a script and each file is numbered 1 - however many. Due to the nature of the recording that's being done, certain sections of the script are recorded at different times so it would be really handy to be able to change the index of the auto file naming and also removethe word 'Untitled'.

It would really make my life so much easier.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your present workflow for dividing up and saving out the smaller files? Probably the easiest method is to use the Save All Audio as Batch Process. In there in Export Settings you can automatically rename all files according to a template or add prefixes or postfixes to the file names.

The other alternative is to use Marker Regions to just mark the splits you need. then from within the Markers List you can edit all the names and saved all the marked ranges out as separate files without having to physically split them first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I'm roughly highlighting the region I need and then alt + shift + c to save to new, saving that file named with the number it corresponds to on the script and then doing more editing inside each new file as I ago.

I need to name them as I go really in order to be able to follow the script and keep track and I can't use markers as it would take a long time to mark and split everything, name it, then go through and do all the editing on each file. I'm pretty quick at editing as I go so I'd rather not go through the process twice.

This isn't really something that's going to save me a giant amount of time, I'd just like to know if it's possible as a little extra to speeding up my work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's not possible, submit a feature request: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines