• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving "History" in Adobe Audition CS6

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping someone can tell me how to preserve the "history" from a previous session.  I use the "Waveform" window for editing because I only deal with working on stereo or mono files and have no need for the "multitrack".  I am perfectly happy with editing in "waveform" and applying all the various effects.  I prefer having the timeline with the spectral frequency display, the frequency analyzer, and a few effects windows like an equalizer all running at the same time.  I use four monitors!  What I HATE is having to "save" when I am finished for the session and then lose all the history of what I have done.  What I did before "saving" is now fixed and the session is essentially gone.  What I really want is to be able to shut the program down and have it stay in the state it was in when the shutdown occurred.  When I choose to start another session in a few hours or a few days, I would like to start EXACTLY where I left off complete with all the "history".  Then I can still choose to "undo" or go back to a point from a previous session.

Essentially I want to leave the machine and Audition running and walk away but, this certainly has too many dangers like a power glitch or Microsoft throwing out an update and restarting my machine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

I'm afraid Waveform View doesn't work that way--it's really only for "destructive editing", usually with effects that simply can't work in real time.

Not exactly what you want, but any time I have to do a succession of processes in Waveform, I use "Save As" after each step so I preserve the original plus each additional step.  I might have a succession of files like "VO Original" "VO Compressed" "VO Reverb" and so on.  Not perfect I know, but...

However, what I'd suggest is that you have a play wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid Waveform View doesn't work that way--it's really only for "destructive editing", usually with effects that simply can't work in real time.

Not exactly what you want, but any time I have to do a succession of processes in Waveform, I use "Save As" after each step so I preserve the original plus each additional step.  I might have a succession of files like "VO Original" "VO Compressed" "VO Reverb" and so on.  Not perfect I know, but...

However, what I'd suggest is that you have a play with editing in Multitrack.  Over the years, Adobe have been adding more and more features to what can be done in Multitrack (still non destructively) to the point where I actually prefer working there.  Add to this the facility to set up auto saves/backups to the work you do and it's pretty useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines