Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting multiple parts of the same file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm dealing with a situation where I'd like to select multiple portions of one file and then add them to mulit-track all at once

Is there a way I can highlight multiple parts of one file? in the same way I can select audio files to add all at once?  In this case I'd like to add multiple selected bits of one file.

many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, I would recommend finding the sections you want to use in the original recording in Waveform view, selecting each section and adding as a new marker. Markers with duration (made from a time selection instead of a single point) can be dragged into a multitrack project as clips from the Markers panel. There's a toggle in the Markers panel to show makers for all files, instead of just the active one. When enabled, you can select one or more marker ranges from the file, then drag or insert them into the MT timeline en masse. ALT/OPTION modifier keys will allow you to specify whether to place them on a single track in order of selection, or at the same starting position on multiple tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, but how do you select another part of the same track without the first selection disappearing? (I have tried various modifier keys, but so far nothing has worked.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't - you select the marker ranges from the marker list, as Durin said - you can pick up as many as you created and place them all in Multitrack, either on a single track or across multiple tracks. When you've highlighted the list, right-click on it and you get the insertion option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure that works for what I’m trying to do. In the spectral
frequency editor, for example, some noise profiles that I want to select
are not contiguous.--

~~~

[Mod note - personal details removed - Adobe policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markers and marker ranges can only be created from time ranges, not partial frequency profiles. If you select a partial profile in the spectral frequency editor, what actually gets selected is all of the audio between the markers. The cue data doesn't contain any fields for anything other than times and a name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer. iZotope RX lacks the ability to copy/paste/save/etc selection 'shapes' — a feature that exists, for example, in Photoshop. I was hoping that Audition would have it, but apparently the kind of shape I'm looking to copy can't even be created.

Thank you for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not exactly surprising about RX - that shares the same marker system (and its restrictions) as Audition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I follow. In RX, discontiguous selesctions are possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making multiple selections has nothing to do with the marker system - that's a software feature. I was only talking about the inability to save frequency-limited shapes with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just popped in to say I encountered the same problem, and this is wasting SO much of my time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines