Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SESX Duration Modification - Shortening and Lengthening

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

In multitrack sesx/sessions, when working on really short sound samples or sound effects, it can be tricky to jump between different things happenning.

Is it possible to shorten the duration of the session/sesx file?

I am used to clicking on the time scale, just above the playhead to quickly zoom the viewer forwards and backwards in time. Maybe I am missing something and there is a better way of working? (Meaning my need for duration adjustment is a symptom of my wrongdoing?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not totally clear on exactly what you want to do.

If it's just getting rid of extra stuff at the beginning and end of your session, you can just highlight exactly the section you want then do the usual File/Export/Multitrack Mixdoen and select the "Time selection only" option.  This is also useful if Audition has added some extra silence at the end of your session (which it will do if any of you effects like a reverb will hand over the end of the work area.

If you want to actually change the length of the actual sound, this can be done in the Effects/Time and Pitch menu.  It's likely easier to mix down your project then change the duration of the single mixdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit confused as well by your question. Are you talking about the length of the View that you see on screen? Do you mean Zooming in and out of the Multitrack view perhaps and finding your way around when zoomed in? If already zoomed right in you can use the \ (backslash) keyboard shortcut to fully zoom back out to the complete session. Other shortcuts for Zooming include the + and - keys for zooming in and out at the Playhead point and the making use of the mouse wheel for zooming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand this question. For example, if you are working on a 30-second piece, such as a radio commercial, it can be prohibitive and a pain if your .sesx (session) file is super long, say 5-minutes, or even 30-minutes.  This happens a lot when you important a long file, let's say 30-minutes, into your session, but you only take 5-minutes of the file. Then, your session is 25-minutes longer than it needs to be.This makes zooming and cutting a real pain. So, is it possible to cut the length of a SESSION? Not export the multi track to a mixdown of the proper length. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines