• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound cuts out after using Reverb dialog

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've noticed an odd problem in the latest version of Audition CC (Mac, High Sierra 10.13.3) where any time I'm working on a file and open any reverb dialog (but usually "Full Reverb"), after I close it there's no playback sound and I have to restart Audition. This even carries over into Premiere--if I'm editing an audio clip from a Premiere project in Audition, use reverb, sound goes out on Audition, I quit Audition, go back to Premiere and there's no sound there either until I quit and restart). Other applications seem unaffected when this happens. So far I've only seen this effect when using the reverb effects. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thought...are you using Full Reverb in a Multrack session?

Full Reverb is very processor intensive and frequently can't/won't work as part of a non-destructive real time session.

If this sounds like it might be your problem, a couple of thoughts.  First, you can try a more Multitrack-friendly reverby like Studio Reverb or, second, you can pre-render the problematic track so the effect doesn't have to be processed live.  FYI, the pre-render control is the little lightning bolt icon right at the bottom of the effects rack in Multitrack view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It wasn't a multitrack session, just editing a Wav in waveform mode--but it does seem to be Full Reverb that causes the issue (doesn't happen with Studio Reverb). And file size doesn't seem to matter--it happens even on a short clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  Does the sound only cut out if you're trying to preview the effect in real time or is it still gone if you hit "Apply" and give Audition time to process the effect?  As I said before, Full Reverb can be pretty demanding on computers--my Audition machine is pretty powerful and I've kept it nice an clean but even with that I can get glitches (though not a full cut out) when previewing Full Reverb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi imcarey,

Did Bob's advice help you? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me as well, with simply the Reverb option for what its worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue. I use the Full Reverb effect, allow it to process, then I can no longer hear anything. The only way to bring back sound is by undoing the Full Reverb effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, however seems to happen with more than just full reverb, I've had it happen to me on the fav's options with normalize... I've had to restart 6 or 7 times already...

Crazy thing is that it's ok on other sounds in the waveform files list, so if I copy and paste a small section to a new sample, apply an effect and that gets muted and go back to the original and press play you can hear it... ??

Back to Audacity (free) if this keeps up...

i7 4790k @4Ghz, 16GB, GTX980 - Editing various single mp3 files of 10 to 16 seconds in length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To better explain the issue, it has nothing to do with the processor or being intensive task. After the effect is applied, it is done and that means whatever processor intensive tasks have been completed already. What happens is that after applying one of the effects like Reverb, Audition does not play audio at all. Once the Reverb effect is applied, the dialog disappears and you go back to the timeline. There are no more processes happening at that time. All we're doing is trying to play any other portion of the audio recording. You click Play, you see the clock and the cursor moving, but there is no sound. Not even the audio level indicators register any movement, so there is no sound. This is a clear bug in the application. However, I have found that I do not need to quit audition to have the playback audio restored. All I have to do is open another audio file, or switch to another one if it is already opened, and then switch back to the audio file I am editing and then I am able to play the audio again. This is a nasty bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I have experienced. The tip to open another file and then return to the problem file works exactly. Thanks for this workaround. Hope they fix this rather blatant bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The open-another-file trick didn't work for me, perhaps because I'm on a PC. It was a .wav file, so I made it into a smaller mp3, and then it worked. But seriously, in an Adobe sound editor, we can use the high-quality audio file? I hope someone posts a better work-around than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines