• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spacebar does not play... then manually pushing play doesn't play

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen similair posts but the answers are garbage and rude so lets see if I can explain the siuation better.

The scanario is: AA is playing great. Back and forth and editing and mixing down and the usual sequence and then... all of the sudden... no playback. Adobe acts like I haven't even pressed the space bar. Then it freezes. If I push "play" manually it doesn't play either. I just bought a 2019 macbook pro so that I could get the latest version of AA.  Nothing changed in the last 2 minutes I was using adobe. This has happened 20+ times in my career of using AA over the last 12 years. Why does it do this? It isn't the hardware settings I assure you. 

The answer to this question is not "Noone else is having this issue so its_____". I have seen this all over the net. It's not helpful or true. Other people are having this issue. So am I. If you aren't, thats awesome. I am. That's valid. 

TOPICS
Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it freezes, does Audition actually crash, or does it recover eventually? Makes a difference, because if it crashes it will generate a crash report which will almost certainly give a much better clue as to what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's freezing on that one file. If I click to another it plays that one. This time. In the past I've had it simply stop playing back all together. That was with an older verison and an old Mac. 

I clicked on another file, played a few seconds, and then went back. It worked then. 

This happened in multi track this morning. When I went into an indivisual file out of multi track it played. I thought it was a multi track issue for a moment but it's not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if the app itself isn't freezing, then there appears to be some sort of file access issue. There could be many things behind this, and the sensible thing here is for me to refer this to the developers, as it's unlikely that we'd be able to get to the bottom of it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Which I have now done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the behavior when the audio device communication is partially interrupted in some manner that doesn't trigger the standard OS library notifications.  Generally, it means Audition is no longer getting a word clock signal from the audio hardware, but hasn't yet been told that the audio device is not accessible by the OS.  The "word clock" is sort of a digital pulse that synchronizes an application's IO with the hardware data stream.

So, let's find out what's happening and why. 

1. What audio device are you using?  Just the built-in microphone and output, or do you have one or more separate USB or Thunderbolt devices connected?
  2. Are any other audio-focused applications running at the same time as Audition when this occurs?
  3. If you restart Audition when this happens, is playback working again?
  4. The next time this happens, please click Help > Reveal Log Files in the menu bar and send the most current files as an email attachment to audbugs@adobe.com  and we can take a look at what messages Audition is logging and continue troubleshooting.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Audio Hardware > double-check it's not still connected to an external device / output no longer connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have had a similar issue. Clicking the triangualar plkay button or hitting the space bar did absolutely nothing. The audio hardware was set correctly. But when I switched to the built in speaker... it worked fine, and then when I switched back to the headset I was using previously it worked fine.. go figure... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That fixed it finbarrw37898850

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines