• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stereo Channel Disabled from Premiere Pro Export

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported a PP Multicam timeline to Audition for editing and mixing there. Allot of tracks came across, some stereo, some mono. Some of the clips in the mono tracks are stereo with one or the other channel disabled. The disabled channel cannot be Enabled. Why? And how do I defeat this?

I have tried moving one of the clips to a stereo track; but nothing I have tried or have looked at seems to be of any avail. In the Edit view, I can see the other track's waveform and data. I just can't Enable it?

Premiere Pro CC (12.0...)

Audition CC (11.0...)

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 10.41.58 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the little 'R' in a square at the RH edge of the lower waveform? Currently it's grey, unlike the blue one above. Try clicking on it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Sir; first thing I tried.

STUART SCOTT

POSTPRODUCTION EDITOR

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it say in Edit>Enable Channels? Can you enable it there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you right-click on the square button, can you change it to any of the other designations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Everything is disabled. But the same is true if I disable the other channel, which is active.

STUART SCOTT

POSTPRODUCTION EDITOR

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find that, and tried it; but nothing there either?

STUART SCOTT

POSTPRODUCTION EDITOR

[Mod note: personal data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Properties (Alt+3) what does it say about the file? I'm not sure if you can disable a channel there - the whole thing sounds a bit weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two screen shots. One of the applicable Properties in Edit view, and one of the applicable Properties in Multi view for the same clip.

[cid:30ACFAEA-6B4C-487E-80FC-976556FF7F53@wotm.local]

STUART SCOTT

POSTPRODUCTION EDITOR

[Mod note: personal data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two screen shots are not appears for me.

Can you be a little more explicit on how you created this?  Can you post a screen shot of how you created the Multicam sequence? 

And, did you perform "Edit>Edit in Audition>Sequence..." to get the project From Premiere to Audition?

I tried this but was unable to replicate, but there are many, many options and I need more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt_Stegner  wrote

The two screen shots are not appears for me.

Don't appear here either. And neither can I replicate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Matt, for your concern and help.

Here’s something I mis-spoke and neglected to think about. Maybe there is some incompatibility?

I had output this on a different computer—the editor’s—and brought it into mine. He is on OS 10.11… and doesn’t have Audition on his machine.

I take it from your statements that I should be able to Enable the other track under normal circumstances?

Also, I noticed when saving, there seemed to be an issue with permissions; but after correcting that it still acted the same?

STUART SCOTT

POSTPRODUCTION EDITOR

[Personal data removed - Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I take it from your statements that I should be able to Enable the other track under normal circumstances?"

Yes.  In the Audition Editor (the screenshot posted above) you can enable and disable individual audio channels via the buttons to the right of the channel ruler.  In this case it would be the little button with the "R" on it in the vertical ruler area.  The "R" stands for right, or right channel.

The fact that you cannot enable that channel means something is broken.  You can also try the corresponding menu command: "Edit>Enable Channels>R:Right..." and see if that enables it.

If at all possible the Audition team would like to investigate this file and the project.  If you could post it to a dropbox location or email it to audbugs@adobe.com (attention Matt).  What we need is the Premiere pro project file that created this, and if possible the broken wave file.  I do not need media files (if you are worried about passing along customer files).

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do that when I get back in. By the way, I had output several different timelines from Premier Pro, I’m working on the second one now and it is the same way. It would really be helpful to be able to access and assign the channels to different sides or make the clip stereo, and it is proving very difficult and time consuming to work around.

Thanks for your interest. What do you need? The whole output folder?

Sent from my iPhone – Stuart Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the Premiere project and Audition session to start. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this same problem,  version 12.1.0.182. I pulled an adobe premiere project into audition and was working on the final audio for the film when I cam across several files that when converted from Mono  to Stereo gave me the same problem. has there been any additional information on this issue to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulnf36  wrote

I am also experiencing this same problem,  version 12.1.0.182. 

Have you tried with the current version of Audition CC 2019 build 12.1.2.3 which is newer than the version that you are still running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having a similar problem. A client disabled some audio tracks in a premiere project, then exported the project to Audition so that I could edit the sound for him. Tracks that are disabled in Premiere cannot be re-enabled in Audition (at least in my situation, when handing off a project to someone on a different computer). I would love to have a solution to this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A client disabled some audio tracks in a premiere project".  How were the tracks disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere, highlight the audio clip(s) you don't want to hear, right-click and select "disable." The problem is, if you then send that project to Audition, those tracks have no audio in them, even when unmuted. If there's another way to quickly "mute/unmute" individual clips in premiere (so that it comes across in Audition), I'd love to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A bug was created for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines