• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stops Recording

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition CC 2017 randomly quits recording an audio file.  Usually after about 20 minutes.

I have Windows 10, Screen and Sleep are both turned off in forever mode.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?  No other application, including browser is running.

This started happening towards the middle of May.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

cliffw93434226  wrote

I kept seeing the windows is interupping audition audio settings, found on YouTube a tutorial on pro tools how to uninstall all of window audio drivers in the sound menu. Select speaker and everything enabled and right click and disable, even in recording tap, once you do that your AISO4all will take over everything and windows audio will now have no control

I'm afraid that's absolutely not true. ASIO4ALL provides a link between ASIO-based software engines - like Audition's -

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

super super late response (its now 2024).  I'm also having this issue and its on a file i literally just created and haven't even saved yet.  Its in waveform format and, despite the app indicating its still recording, when i go to play it back it only plays about half of the recording, which is only about a minute long.  

As far as these programmer responses go, I'm seeing more Adobe programmers criticizing the users and saying things like, and I'm paraphrasing here, "you're not admitting it" and "your teachers aren't doing enough" rather than actually helping people out.  For a completely separate issue, i just had a guy try to tell me that Audition is for professionals as if its impossible to learn this stuff unless you're already a professional.  I wonder how he learned his trade, must've been through osmosis because, according to that rationale, you can't learn through schooling.  As a film student i have to take this Intro to Digital Media Class, which relies heavily on official tutorials provided by the people who programmed and developed associated software to instruct new users on how to use the features of associated apps, and all i've gotten is pushback, gatekeeping, and personal criticism from the programmers who obviously don't know how to deal with customer-facing issues.  I'm getting better instructions from people on youtube who aren't all professionals either than fromt he actual people who made the software.  Supremely disappointed in the lack of customer service and respect.  No wonder I've heard of ProTools and even CuBase before i ever heard of Audition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I think you should read that response you got rather more carefully, because it's not what was said at all, and you have willfully misinterpreted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do your job, which is programming software, instead of criticizing customers bro that just need help.  Maybe also consider finding a different agent to do customer-facing stuff because you just come off as an overly critical gatekeeper.  no need to respond to this one [no name-calling - Mod].  its rhetorical. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the exact same experience, specifically with SteveG, to the point where I can no longer get responses when I post to the forums for Audition. I just gave up and am actively working on migrating away from Adobe due to poor customer service, over-priced subscription model pricing and now A.I. information leeching. Adobe is falling so unbelievably far from grace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You get a response anyway. You have no idea what my job is - I am not an Adobe employee. I help people here because very few others do - I can count the regular forum supporters on the fingers of one hand. It's very easy for you to sit here and criticise, and your grounds are baseless. You asked a question and got an honest answer that you didn't like. Since then you've been nothing but rude. End of conversation, and good luck with getting any more support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, so my thoughts of retrieving the audio is pointless. How do I make sure that it records the whole time I'm talking? Multitrack?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mr.10-5+Beats  wrote

Damn, so my thoughts of retrieving the audio is pointless. How do I make sure that it records the whole time I'm talking? Multitrack?!

Essentially, yes. Multitrack recording goes direct to the final file, rather than a temp file. But when you run out of room, the same thing is liable to happen, so be careful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. Can someone help me troubleshoot? Here's my story:

A couple weeks ago, I did an interview and two times during the interview, I noticed the recording had stopped. The strange part is that when I looked at the interface, it was moving forward, like normal, showing me the visual signs that the recording was happening (moving bar, red track recording, levels appearing on the screen, record button highlighted, etc.). Then, to my utter disappointment, I checked it and things had stopped. And further disappointment when I noticed that the clip was cut off back to _before_ where I had seen it showing the visual signs of active recording. Very frustrating. At that time, I checked all my screen savers and power savers. I turned them all off. And I was able to re-do the interview in the spots where the recording had stopped. But I can't tell you the stress it was inducing as I tried to conduct the interview.

Yesterday, I had a similar story. I recorded an interview, and I was checking it every 15 minutes or so. All signs showed the recording was happening. Then, at about 75 minutes into the interview. I noticed it had stopped! I looked at the clip: 41 MINUTES! WHAT THE HECK! I was so frustrated, and so was my interviewee. I didn't even try to recover it. I told her we would need to brush it off and reschedule.

Please, help!

Some answers you'll probably want to know:

I'm using Multitrack

I'm on IOS

I have the most recent Audition through a Creative Cloud subscription

I don't know how to change my priorities.

I don't _think_ I would have a cache issue, or shortage of memory, because I'm saving to my hard drive and there is plenty of remaining space.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know your pain but I got yelled at on here for having the same issues. Glad someone else can attest to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't get yelled at - what I explained to you was that the way you were looking at it wasn't going to help either you or us to work out what's going on here. We still don't actually know.

What would be useful at this point (I hope) would be for somebody this happens to to stop audition, and make a copy of the log file. Or, we have to find some other way of monitoring the state of your computer when this happens. Because at the moment, this doesn't make a lot of sense. What is really needed is for somebody to come up with a reliable way to trigger this, otherwise we won't get anywhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you log this issue, if you're not sure when the issue may occur?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mr.10-5+Beats  wrote

How can you log this issue, if you're not sure when the issue may occur?!

Every time you start Audition from scratch, it creates a log file. So when it stops recording, there may well be some indication in the log file that's already been created for this run of what's happening. But maybe not - it's really hard to tell. But the only way we'll ever be sure about that is to look at it. So no I'm not suggesting something that's physically impossible at all - just collecting what's already happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I access the log files? I'll be happy to send you the log file if it happens again.

The only thing I've come up with as a possible issue is my screensaver popping up, then when my computer goes into profile lock mode. Have you ever seen those instances cause the recording to stop?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, can I look up a log file from either of my previous experiences?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shanerbugs23  wrote

Or, can I look up a log file from either of my previous experiences?

Probably not, as each time Audition is opened it deletes the previous log file and creates a new one. If it didn't do this, then the folder would get pretty full of log files!

The other thing is that there's absolutely no point in posting the log files here on the forum. What you need to do is send them in an email to audbugs@adobe.com and make sure that you indicate in the email exactly what the problem is, as I'm still yet to be convinced that the log file will show this up. If you include contact details (like at least an email address) then the developers will contact you - especially if the issue doesn't make sense...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition always keeps two log files, the latest one and a previous one. You can find them by going to the Help menu and clicking on Reveal Log Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryclark  wrote

Audition always keeps two log files, the latest one and a previous one. You can find them by going to the Help menu and clicking on Reveal Log Files.

Okay, so you might be able to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice. Email with files sent. Here's to hoping we can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an email to the email mentioned above with details of my issue and my log files attached back on June 26. I still haven't heard anything. Is that normal?

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this soon. I plan to do another interview in 6 days.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes having the same issue on multiple computers. There really isn't any time difference. I've also reinstalled both machines and it still does the same. Seems to be no matter what version you use either. These are Windows 7 machines. Shot in the dark here but maybe a windows update patch caused this? I never had this issue until something changed. Been fighting this for at least a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although some of you seem to have had some problems recording in Audition this isn't a universal problem since many users are successfully recording with Audition of all versions. So it doesn't seem to be a widespread bug in Audition but probably something system dependant. Also generally most recording/playback problems are down to a failure in the systems audio drivers. This is particularly common with the latest Windows updates and built in audio interfaces. So it might help the developers to understand the bug better if those of you with these problems posted your audio interface details as well as the Audition and OS version build numbers. Just saying that you 'have the same problem' doesn't really help anybody to track down the bug I'm afraid.

Usually using an external USB audio interface with manufacturer supplied ASIO drivers may help to alleviate this sort of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not matter what type of soundcard internal or external it still happens. I have everything you can could possibly think of disabled.My soundcard is a Soundblaster Z and I have 2 other soundlaster cards that its happening also both external and internal.

There is no specific time as to when it happens it just happens. I stopped using any Adobe product and used good old Audicity until something is fixed. I do alot of live audio recording and can't risk it. When I do live shows I have nothing opened up on the screen and just walk away. Adobe CC 2005.2 build 9.2.0.191, Adobe CC 2018 build 11.1.0.184 I even went back as far as Adobe 3.0 and found of copy of Cool Edit 2.1 that takes forever to save but works in a pinch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keynote91  wrote

Not matter what type of soundcard internal or external it still happens. I have everything you can could possibly think of disabled.My soundcard is a Soundblaster Z and I have 2 other soundlaster cards that its happening also both external and internal.

But Soundblasters have always been a royal PITA. Their ASIO drivers are rubbish, and they often invoke the OS to resample everything on the fly. These are gamer's cards, not proper sound devices at all. If you look back through the forum's history you'll discover any number of people having trouble with them. You cannot possibly judge Audition's performance based on one of those. With other software, they aren't using ASIO, so you're not comparing like with like.

It is much, much safer though to record in Multitrack view. Files are written direct to disc, and not via a temp file, so a whole load of intervention in the process is avoided. Nobody has yet reported back about any of the issues raised in this thread. Has anybody resolved anything about this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Soundbaster cards all my life and never had an issue ever until now. I found they are the best for analog music and for older machines.

No joke just tried it in mutitrack view and it just stopped at 1:30 min. Looked like it was recording just find and then nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines