Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stretch and Pitch not processing the entire clip

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I have a long bat recording in 192khz sample rate. The entire clip is about 1 hour 45 minutes. I am using the stretch and pitch process to reduce the frequency of the bat sounds to the audible range. It works great, but only for about 23 minutes, then the remainder of the clip after that isn't processed. There is no error message. See attached pic for what it looks like when it stops working. Any tips? Is this a memory issue? I have 64 gb of memory, all allocated to Audition.  Thanks, Chris
Screenshot 2024-06-16 161145.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did a quick sum. Assuming that this is mono, your file size is about 2.419 Gbytes, and every time you carry out an operation on the entire file, this ends up being approximately the length of the file dumped in your temp directory for the purpose of undos. I don't know what else, if anything, you've carried out in the way of processing, but if you allow just five undo, that means your temp directory has 12 Gbytes of data in it. Unless you are processing it as a 32-bit file, in which case you can double the numbers....  Now, I don't know how much space is actually available in your temp directory, but there's a not unreasonable chance you've run out of space, and it's just truncated the operation.

One thing you can try is to get an external usb drive of a reasonable size, attach it to your computer and re-assign Audition's temp directory to it (you can do this in Edit>Preferences). If it's big enough and with nothing else on it - which may not be the case at all with your existing temp - then I think you stand a rather better chance of success. How big? Allow several hundred Gbytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines