Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The exported file sounds accelerated when played back in any player

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 
I was recording a multitrack session with only 2 tracks (musical playback e voice). Everthins wal ok until a export a mixdown file and play it back.
It was accelerated, about 20% percent faster, just like "cartoon voice". But, when I playback the session in the timeline, it was ok. So I decided to restar my Macbook and after the restart and opening the session again, the session palyback became faster aswell.
I have never had a problem like this. I think I lost the recording material, cause I don't know if there is a way to solve this mess!
I appreciate any help. Tks

TOPICS
Export , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insufficient information, I'm afraid. Chances are though that there's a session file error. If you can open the original file in Waveform view and it still sounds okay, then you haven't actually lost anything - the session information is only about how a file is played - it doesn't alter anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As SteveG says it is unlikeley that you have lost anything but it does sound to me like the audio interface playback sample rate is not the same as that of the media file.

ie one is 48k and the other is 44.1k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wondered about a playback rate issue, but that would only make 5% difference, not 20%, and wouldn't really sound like a 'cartoon' voice. The other option of course is accidental stretching instead of dragging; not exactly unknown...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines