Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Three Effects Not Working In Multitrack

Guide ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I noticed Inside Multitrack, Fade Envelope, Gain Envelope and Normalize ( Process) are Grayed-Out.

Why you can only work with these effects inside the Waveform only.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Envelope effects are already available in Multitrack, so that would be duplication, and there would be no point in Normalize being available as a track effect, as it would have no way to work out what the maximum signal level of a track was going to be - without actually processing it. And you can do that already (although I can't see why anybody would ever need to) by double-clicking on the track and processing it in Waveform view. That wouldn't be the same as having it in an effects rack thoug

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Envelope effects are already available in Multitrack, so that would be duplication, and there would be no point in Normalize being available as a track effect, as it would have no way to work out what the maximum signal level of a track was going to be - without actually processing it. And you can do that already (although I can't see why anybody would ever need to) by double-clicking on the track and processing it in Waveform view. That wouldn't be the same as having it in an effects rack though - the processing would be on the original waveform, so you'd just be starting from a different level setting - which multitrack view doesn't care about anyway. Why? The Floating Point mix system means that all levels are pretty much arbitrary; it's only the relative levels (in other words how you set your mix up) that matter. You can have your entire mix run either very hot or very cold and be able to normalize the mixed-down result afterwards with no loss whatsoever.

Believe me, if there was any point or reason for changing any of this, a way would have been found. But there isn't, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Steve AudioMasters.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines