• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timing Issue When Cutting in Multitrack

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am a podcast editor Audition 22.6 on my Apple MacBook Air. I am experiencing a very frustrating issue whereby the timing on my multitrack clips seems to be subtly shifting every time I save, quit and re-open Audition. I have edited a 2.5 hour episode with multiple tracks numerous times now and can't seem to figure out what's going on. I make hundreds of edits (ripple time delete) to remove 'ums', strange sounds etc. and some of those sounds have re-appeared, or at least a portion of them. The result is anything but a smooth listening experience. E.g. A person will start speaking but begin their sentence mid word. I'm not sure whether saving the session file is shifting the timing, or re-opening the session. I have used Audition for a decade and have never experienced this insanely frustrating issue. Any help or advice would be appreciated. My podcast is basically on hiatus until I can solve this. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving your media to your local hard drive and not to the cloud or some other location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving to Apple's iCloud Drive as other people on our team access the session to also edit. This has never been a problem before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ask because it sounds to me like either whatever media is on the cloud is not in sync or has been altered in relationship to the sesx.
Note that 'never been a problem before' doesn't always mean it can't be a problem now 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines