• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open Audition

Advisor ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open Audition I receive this error message. I have deleted the application and innstalled it again but this error is all I get when trying to open it by double clicking the desktop icon. When I try to open it trough the CC desktop application by clicking Open I get no response at all. It doesn't open there either and no message is generated.

I'm on W10. My CC plan is Enterprise. I have no problems in opening any other Adobe applications.

AuditonError.png

Adobe_CC.png

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have happened to a lot of people recently, and it's reasonably clear that it's Microsoft's fault. What you have to do is find the appropriate C++ library on the Microsoft site and reinstall it - you can't replace individual .dll files. Ultimately Adobe will have to make sure that it's the updated library that gets installed - hopefully they'll do that soon. If I can find out specifically which library it is that you need to update, I'll post a link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, if this is a Windows thing it's a monster. Not everyone knows how to adjust the registry or deal with C++ libraries. I for one have no clue how to do that. This error must affect millions of Audition users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bit strange. It doesn't affect everybody, but there have been enough reports of this recently on different machines, all 'missing' the same .dll for it not to be systemic. As far as I'm aware, reinstalling the library - which isn't actually difficult - fixes the problem. If I can find out any more about this next week, I will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Really appreciate the response. I'm unable to record and edit cause of this. Adobe should have a seperate web client application we could use when the program offered via CC is out of order due to broken Windows compability so to speak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

merci merci je vais essayer de ce pas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines