• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to record "What U Hear" in Audition 3.0.1 on Windows 7 x64...

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2009 Nov 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to record sound that is playing on my system using Audition 3.0.1 on Windows 7 x64.  I have Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card with latest driver 2.18.0011.  In Audition, I have set audio hardware setup to "Audition 3.0 Windows Sound" and default input to "What U Hear"--which is proper setup to record sound playing on my system.  But when I click the record button, I get an error message titled "Adobe Default Windows Sound Driver" error code FF9-5-0044 [8878000a] "device could not be opened".  And then Audition only records silence.  I've tried using the Sound Recorder program that comes with Windows 7 x64 and that records fine.  But Audition won't record any sound.  Any ideas?  Can this be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have your audio mixer open in Win 7 to see the inputs, right click and chose "show disabled devices".  "Stereo Mix" should show up.

Stereo Mix should function the same as 'What you hear'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all computers have the "Stereo Mix" option.  That is the big problem I had when I first started this thread.  My Toshiba lap top does not have a "Stereo Mix" option - hidden or unhidden!  I don't think there is anything you can do about it other than possibly get another sound card that has that option -- which is not possible with a laptop computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i did more testing and it turns out that this problem can be prevented by either of 2 ways...

1) only selecting 1 input port in the "audition 3 > audio hardware setup > control panel". .

OR...

2) if you need to have more than 1 selected, then you will have to uncheck "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" in what u hear properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines