Exit

Wasapi and Virtual Cable

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I got the following setup :

Mic => audition (effects etc) => virtual cable (VAC) => Xsplit (streaming software).

Now I currently use MME with latency 200ms. Anything below that is causing stuttering.

VAC creator advised to use WASAPI but I am at a loss how to make it work. In MME you can select A mic as input and VAC as output, simple. I then grab the VAC's output and set it as my mic in Xsplit.

In WASAPI mode you can only select one device (see screenshot). What am I doing wrong?

Could anyone guide me please as I'm quite new to audio stuff and only recently started using audition.

VAC link:

https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/

200ms is not awful but I'd prefer to have a lower latency if possible.

Mic is USB Razer Seiren.

PC specs:

i9-7940X 3.10 GHz

X299 prime deluxe 2 motherboard (integrated 5.1 soundboard).

64gb of ram.

TOPICS
Audio hardware , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to talk to VAC about this really, as it's a VAC issue, not an Audition one. That said, the advice to use WASAPI doesn't exactly seem like a brilliant idea... What has been suggested elsewhere is that it's a lot easier to set up if you use the (free) ASIO4ALL driver to connect to VAC, so I'd give that a go first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines