Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waveform and Multitrack not syncing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am pretty new to audition, and I've just started figuring out how to edit sound quality in waveform. The problem is, when I use noise reduction in waveform, it doesn't appear to affect the multitrack audio.

I click on the specific track, open it in waveform, use capture noise print, then apply reduction to the entire clip, then I save.

When I jump back over to edit in multitrack, it's like I didn't use noise reduction at all. I've looked this up and thought maybe I was doing the process wrong, but I can't seem to find anyone having the same issue as me. It worked fine a few days ago. Now it doesn't work at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Are you saving the noise reduced audio file with the same name as the one used in the Multitrack? Does the track in Multitrack view reflect the changes if you hop straight to Multitrack view form Waveform view without saving? Try saving the NR file with a different name like adding 'NR' to it and then opening that new file in the Multitrack session.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find an answer to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us a bit more about your workflow and what doesn't seem to be working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically record about an hour of audio, using a Yeti mic. Then, I go in to Waveform view and select a small section of room tone, capture the noise print, then deselect the section and go to noise reduction. I then select the entire file and apply noise reduction. It works fine and sounds great in Wavefrom, but after I save and hop back over to editing in multitracks, the noise reduction doesn't carry over. I thought maybe it just wasn't showing up there, but it also doesn't apply when I export the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new as well but I think I have the answer. This happened to me when I applied a template (Podcast) to a new multitrack project. The changes I was making to the voice track in the waveform editor were not all getting there. I took a look at the track effects for the audio track in the multitrack editor and saw that an effect had been applied. This must have been done by the Podcast template. When I removed the track effect, everything in the waveform that I had done was included with the multitrack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition rule 1: Do not under any circumstances use the podcast template! It's a pretty complete disaster, especially if you're a beginner. You are much better served by using a basic template and learning what it is that you need to alter for your own particular circumstances.

But I don't think that this has anything to do with the OP's problem, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not yet. No one seems to understand the issue or have the same issue I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving the noise reduced audio file with the same name as the one used in the Multitrack? Does the track in Multitrack view reflect the changes if you hop straight to Multitrack view form Waveform view without saving? Try saving the NR file with a different name like adding 'NR' to it and then opening that new file in the Multitrack session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been various answers above to slightly different questions over the past year and also Audition has had several updates since then. Which version are you using? The original problem was answered correctly in post #5. So it would probably be best if you started a brand new thread about about your particular problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I thought the OP had said that nobody had answered/understands their issue.  But your reply was after that.  I think my issue was actually the Podcast template as SteveG(AudioMasters)​ pointed out.  I didn't realize there were track effects on the track I was using, and it was making it seem like my changes weren't syncing.  But I tested it on a blank multitrack from scratch with some extreme amplification changes, just to test it, and that worked.  Thanks for following up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found that I forget to click the "Apply" button to effects before I save the file. Hence, though I can hear the effect in the waveform preview, it's not reflected in the file being utilized in the multitrack because it was never officially applied to the saved file.

Jason33670585qvub_0-1702665389309.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines