• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waves 360 don't work for upmixing to 5.1 in Audition

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! My question: Why do the waves360 plugins work only in stereo mode in Adobe Audition CC? I add them to the 5.1 channels. I have a 5.1 speaker system for monitoring when mixing. Waves Um226 and s360 imager - sum R, L + LsRs. The sound is like I'm just duplicating a stereo signal. The sound is like chorus. I also tried to add plugins in the bus track (output and send). It does not work either. Maybe it's all about setting up track panner? In what position is the track panner supposed to be? And where do I add plugins Um226 and S360 imager stereo / 5.1 to make upmixing? 

But Waves m360 manager on the master channel works fine!

I have a choice between Audition and Pro Tools. Audition I really liked. Very comfortable. I hope that I will solve this problem with upmixing 5.1. Thank you!

I'm already setting up a different track panner. What am I doing wrong?

Clipboard-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

It's a bit difficult to see in your screen image but is the source that you are trying to upmix on the yellow track? If so you won't get any surround because you have inserted the Waves s360 onto a stereo track. In order for it to work I suspect that you will have to insert a new 5.1 track and import your stereo source into the first two channels of that. Then inserting the plugin into the effects rack there should give you the full 5.1 channel output.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit difficult to see in your screen image but is the source that you are trying to upmix on the yellow track? If so you won't get any surround because you have inserted the Waves s360 onto a stereo track. In order for it to work I suspect that you will have to insert a new 5.1 track and import your stereo source into the first two channels of that. Then inserting the plugin into the effects rack there should give you the full 5.1 channel output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Ryclark! I added plug-ins to bus 5.1 track:

1.jpg

I added 5.1 audio track (Track 3) and plugin waves um226. But for some reason I still see output in stereo. And for some reason track panner is not available on the new 5.1 track. I now can not manage the automation of sound in track panner? I will be grateful for any help.

3.jpg

Clipboard-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is purely guesswork on my part because I never need to use 5.1 for output, but, looking at your screenshots I see that for both the UM226 and the S360 all the "Effect inputs" except Left and Right show as None.  Hence, only the outputs of Left and Right are being heard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, Emmrecs! Yes it is. But what is most interesting: I add the Halo Upmix plug-in to the 5.1 audio track and it works! Nice upmix for me! Input: stereo, Output: 5.1! This also works fine with bus 5.1. I hope this will be useful for someone.

I suspect that Waves plugins do not work with the name "stereo / 5.1". I did not understand how to use them in audition.

Clipboard-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines