• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What I hear in PP is not what I hear in Audition. How to troubleshoot and fix?

Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use Audition but the last few times I used it the sounds I want to remove (high pitched hums in the background) are audible in PP but inaudible in Audition. I've tried tweaking a few setting that connect to my speakers/headphones but I still can't hear the sounds I want to remove in Audition. 

How can I troubleshoot and fix this issue? 

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 8.51.08.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-20 at 8.55.37.png

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , Noise reduction , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

The most obvious problem here is the sample rate you are using. A sample rate of 16000Hz will cut off all audio above 8kHz - that's the Nyquist limit for that sample rate. So anything squeakier than that you simply won't hear. If it's video based sound, this tends to run at a sample rate of 48000Hz, which gives a cut-off point well above anything that humans can hear. So I'd reset your audio device to that, or alternatively try using the 'Attempt to force hardware to document sample rate' checkb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most obvious problem here is the sample rate you are using. A sample rate of 16000Hz will cut off all audio above 8kHz - that's the Nyquist limit for that sample rate. So anything squeakier than that you simply won't hear. If it's video based sound, this tends to run at a sample rate of 48000Hz, which gives a cut-off point well above anything that humans can hear. So I'd reset your audio device to that, or alternatively try using the 'Attempt to force hardware to document sample rate' checkbox to force the issue. Personally I wouldn't do that, but if you aren't processing any other audio then it's probably fine to do it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, thank you. I assumed the higher the rate the better the quality of the edit. 

I need to find a good tutorial on how to use Audition. 

Thank you, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines