• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my Audio so choppy?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, When ever i record my audio with Audition it always comes out in playback very very choppy!! This is a huge problem as it is very annoying and hard to listen to. Until this is fixed i cant record audio! Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2014 Aug 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since you guys are useless, Can you tell me why does it say when i try to contact support, "please restart browser to start new chat session"? I just wanna fix my god damn problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jackson, being rude to posters here is NOT going to see you receiving any further help/support at all!

Just to repeat AGAIN what has been very clearly said to you already: please re-read and fully answer the questions posed in posts 4, 7, 11, 13, 21, 23, to name but a few!  Whatever your age you cannot expect to receive ANY help if you do not provide the answers to questions which might help us to help you.

As to your last question, why not do what it says and "restart your browser"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, we really need more details of your set up to provide any detailed help...Audition version, computer and operating system, the sound card/audio interface you're using and what exactly you're trying to record.

However, I have to say that both your symptoms sound like you have a mix of a buffer/latency setting set too low, other things running in background and grabbing the processor at times, probably at least one of them trying to use audio and grabbing the audio drivers on your system.  I'd suggest working through my list above with particular emphasis on getting rid of background programmes, upping the buffer size and downloading/using ASIO4ALL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, im sorry for calling you guys useless. And i know your trying to help me. Its just that this problem is ruining my videos as i cant record with this type of audio. When i go to contact support its shows i can call, use the forums, or go in a chat. But when i try to use chat it says, "please close and restart your browser to open another chat session". i close ans reopen my browser and it still says it. Heck, i RESTART MY PC and it still says it. Luckily i just "remade" my audition file and was able to fix the problem about the program shutting down. idk about the quietness problem though. Also if you guys forgive me (not gonna be surprised if you dont, which is ok) can you send me tutorials about how to make my mic sound the BEST it can be. AKA how to record and edit audio in Audition? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also following up to my last request (the tutorial one) can you guys also teach me how to import audio and edit that audio? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2014 Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jackson Masterson wrote:

Also following up to my last request (the tutorial one) can you guys also teach me how to import audio and edit that audio? Thanks!

Try taking a look at Adobe TV for Audition tutorials.

Learn Audition CC | Adobe TV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or this page:  Audition CC tutorials | Learn how to use Audition CC

Scroll past the first item on noise reduction and down to the "fundamentals" section which should give you all you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob Howes. Now when i record in audition and i play back the audio i cant hear anything. Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more descriptive i went to waveform and then recorded some audio. And i play back and i dont hear anything. Im using a Afterglow Wireless USB headset. And yes it is my default playback device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also how can i create a chain of effects to automatically apply to my audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did a quick Google of the Afterglow headset and got about a million results about people having problems hearing computer audio through them.  The solution appears to be to not rely on the wireless but to plug a lead in between the computer headset out and the USB adaptor.  I found this video giving instructions:  Afterglow Wireless Headset - PC Setup - YouTube   However, be aware that with Audition you will likely need to set the Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware menu to match what you have set in the Windows audio.

As for effects, there's a video in the link I provided about the use of effects--but they won't be automatic.  You'll have to turn them on and adjust them as required.

A general comment...in Audition you have a very professional audio editing tool.  It's used by broadcasters and audio designers all over the world.  However, because it's professional it also takes time to learn--it's far from automatic and far from a beginner's tool   You haven't given details of exactly what it is you want to do so I can't be more specific but it is worth taking the time to work through all those tutorials in detail to teach yourself how to use Audition properly.  The learning curve will be steep at first but we all went through it.  However, simply attempting to dive in and work without teaching yourself the basics is just going to be frustrating, both for you and the people you're asking to help you.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also worth downloading the Audition help .pdf for learning about the fundamentals of digital sound and editing in Audition.

Adobe Audition Help | Adobe Audition Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I setup the headset the EXACT way and it still wont work. Does it matter that i have skype open and i use the headset for skype? Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also what exactly do i have to do in Audio Hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also what about the "please quit your browser and restart" problem? (Sorry, alot of problems XD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And can you try to find the best settings for a Audio Technica AT2020 USB Microphone? That would be awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO?!?!? ITS BEEN 15 DAYS PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind i found out how. Ill message you guys if i need more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I think we ran out of suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed a problem that fit the description of the original issue.

My solution was to go into Audition preferences (Ctrl+Shift+K) -> Audio Hardware -> Latency: [ 500 ] 
It was set to 20 and was causing the "Spaming of the mute/unmute" or clipping. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people aren't as experienced as others may be and it's not just about someone knowing how to describe their problem. If you are experienced then you should try a little harder to understand or help walk through explaining the problem instead of just saying you need more information. I got on this thread because I'm experiencing the same choppy issue. I get what they're trying to say and I don't understand why it's so hard for you to get it also. 

Imagine you were talking and every few seconds someone chops you in your throat and makes you pause in speech for a quick fraction of a second. Simple. 

If you're on here to really help then try a little harder to understand what's being asked. Everybody is not an expert and can't speak on your expert language. Just try harder to understand what's being asked and you'd be a lot more helpful.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep at it Jackson. Whether people really want to help you or not, you will learn and get there long as you just keep working on it. I'm sorry other people can be egotistical but you seem very bright. One day you'll be amazing and you'll be the one helping others learn and develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is eight years old. If you have a problem, then please start a new thread about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no. I know how to find answers to my questions. Just wanted to guide you on how to be more helpful assuming that is your purpose. Otherwise, you probably shouldn't even be commenting.

Obviously other people may have the same issue. Not sure why the age of the thread has anything to do with anything. But I'm sure you're awesome in some way as well. Didn't want to make you feel inadequate. Have a blessed day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines