• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a WHITE label?

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add a white label to media (as opposed to the default color options)?  i see lots of posts about how these labels unexpectedly show up when photos are imported from another source, but i would actually LOVE extra colors to play with. When editing i sometimes use the colors to help my brain stay organized.  So, white, or whatever – any way to label with ANY color(s) in addition to the five defaults? And even if it can't be done directly, there must be some back-door trick to it, no?  i mean, Bridge clearly has the ability to display a white bar, so there's gotta be some way to trigger it.

THANK YOU! YOU GUYS ROCK!

TOPICS
How to , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Read the script header below for an explanation. A link to info on how to save and install is below the code.

/*
This is not really a feature, it is just that Bridge uses a white label colour
for an unsupported label name, so this is really an exploit... 

Here the label name is 'Custom'. This presumes that the default label names are in use (Select, Second, Approved, Review, To Do).

Use at your own risk!
*/

#target bridge
if (BridgeTalk.appName == "bridge") {
    customLabel = new MenuEleme

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the script header below for an explanation. A link to info on how to save and install is below the code.

/*
This is not really a feature, it is just that Bridge uses a white label colour
for an unsupported label name, so this is really an exploit... 

Here the label name is 'Custom'. This presumes that the default label names are in use (Select, Second, Approved, Review, To Do).

Use at your own risk!
*/

#target bridge
if (BridgeTalk.appName == "bridge") {
    customLabel = new MenuElement("command", "Apply White Label", "at the end of Tools");
}
customLabel.onSelect = function () {
    var sels = app.document.selections;
    for (var i = 0; i < sels.length; i++) {
        var thumb = sels[i];
        var md = thumb.metadata
        md.namespace = "http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/";
        md.Label = "Custom";
        // app.document.chooseMenuItem("PurgeCacheForSelected");
    }
}

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To condense that down, Adobe assigns a white label when the label text (which is really what is written to disk) doesn't match an assigned label text/color combo. The problem is that you could have twenty different labels that would all be white if they didn't match an assigned label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines