• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Keywords to file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started adding keywords to my pictures using Adobe Bridge [because Windows won't tag my Canon .cr2 raw files] and the keywords are save as a separate .xmp file. Can I embed keywords in the metadata of the file rather than as a separate .xmp file?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

If you convert them to dng files, you can embed the metadata. Otherwise, an XMP file is created, unless you use the save in a camera raw database option in the camera raw preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

RAW files cannot store metadata. You must have a sidecare file or render them to a different format to embed keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you convert them to dng files, you can embed the metadata. Otherwise, an XMP file is created, unless you use the save in a camera raw database option in the camera raw preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chuck. I usually convert to jpeg or png for uploading and tag those but would have liked to tag the pics in their raw format. Might give your suggestion a try, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would go with the dng method, as using the camera raw database allows for files to get separated from the xmp info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAW files cannot store metadata. You must have a sidecare file or render them to a different format to embed keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,  Lumigraphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines