Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Keywords to Hierarchical Subject field

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have several hundred photos that I tagged with keywords (in a hierarchical format) in Adobe Bridge but the "read/ write hierarchial keywords" must not have been selected in the preferences because when I try to export the meta data there is nothing in the hierarchical subject field (only one keyword is assigned to each photo, the parent key words are missing). The package in R that I am using can only export the key words through the hierarchical subject. Is there an easy way to assign the currently tagged key words to the hierarchical subject or do I have to go through and re-tag all of them? Really hoping there is an easier way!

Hierachical format:

Species

Carnivore

Coyote

-Would like to export all 3 but currently only getting Coyote and it is not assigned to the hierarchical subject field where I need it to be.

Thanks,

Alex

TOPICS
How to , Keywords , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three namespaces that support keywords. dc:subject, lr:hierarchicalKeywords, and MicrosoftPhoto. This article explains how keywords are written.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/nested-hierarchal-keywording-bridge.html

You can try my Keyword Optimizer script which will find and sort keywords in either dc or lr and write them back out to both. It works around a bug in File Info which doesn't write keywords correctly in Photoshop and Bridge. Ignore the text on the Exchange listing, Adobe still hasn't updated it for me.

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.101130.utility-script-pack-for-bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics,

I appreciate you replying. I tried to download your utility script package but have only managed to download the zxp file. I tried a few different paths suggested by Adobe including the Anastasiy Extension Manager and ExManCmd but I still can't extract it. Do you have an idea of what I might be missing? Once I do get it downloaded will it work for pictures that have already been tagged? Do I need to do anything before extracting the data in R?

Again thanks for your help!

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC no longer uses the Extension Manager. You should just get a zip file in your downloads folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines