• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Shortcut to Contextual Menu

Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is possible to add a shortcut to the bridge contextual menu (right-click menu) in a mac system?

Adding the shortcut through the system preferences is not working.

OSX Catalina

BRCC 2020

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 9.54.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-30 at 8.57.17 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Adobe Scripts

Install that script pack, the PDFExport script automates creating PDFs and even adds a couple of features. You can choose images in the regular workspaces which is much easier. The pack is Apache-licensed so if you want to modify or fork it, be my guest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the contextual menu item Add To Output Document be placed under a regular menu-bar menu-item??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it. Its probably hard wired.

Lumagraphics who lurcks here may a script option available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumagraphics,

In the past I have used the scripts you shared in this forum and it's clear from the scripts that you are an expert in this subject matter.

I have searched online for ways to add a keyboard shortcut to the Bridge contextual menu and have not been able to find a solution. Thinking, if I can locate the function responsible for executing the Add To Output Document action,  I could copy the function to an external jsx file and place it into the Bridge startup script folder. The idea is to have the function Add To Output Document available as a top menu item to assign shortcuts through the OSX system preferences. Does this approach make sense and is it doable?

I looked into Photoshop ContactSheetII.jsx but did not find the function Add To Output Document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see in Bridge 2018 & 2021 'Add To Output Document' item for thumbnail menu. What is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can't be done in the way you want. There is a function to add items to the Output object but you have to specify that first, not just use the one that's already set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back. I am trying to simplify the contact sheet creation process by adding a shortcut to the Add To Output Document contextual menu item.  I am using a contact sheet template and shortcut to the Output module. The step that I like to automate is adding the selected thumbnails to the contact sheet canvas.

How would you recommend I approach the problem of simplifying the contact sheet creation?

Where can I find the function to add items to the Output Object? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a custom script.to create PDFs in the Output module. I need to update the version I have for download on Dropbox but that might do tha trick for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Scripts

Install that script pack, the PDFExport script automates creating PDFs and even adds a couple of features. You can choose images in the regular workspaces which is much easier. The pack is Apache-licensed so if you want to modify or fork it, be my guest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script pack looks great. I did and a quick test with the PDF Export script and it does the trick.

Thank you very much for sharing the updated script pack!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link does not "simplify" the contact sheet process, however, as there are not many options out there it is worth mentioning:

ContactSheetX / v2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines