Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 13.0.3 - Still very broken regarding performance

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

I re-installed windows, new hardware. Same problems! Geez. Can we get ANY feedback regarding this huge bug? CPU idles up to 40% sometimes, even in empty folders. Scrolling is silly slow. Moving photos around is scary jerky and slow.

PLEASE give us feedback. Are you going to adress/fix this? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice. Thank you for the update riddled with bugfixes.

But.

The main ones still persists. The crazy CPU-usage and the overall slow performance. Should this be the main priority?

Screenshot 1-2 shows the CPU in idle state. One with bridge showing a library with photos. The other one with just folders.

The movie (gif) shows how incredible slow it is, just to move photos around.

All this came with v13. Can you PLEASE make this a priority. Feels like a main problem to fix?

@Shubham V  @Mohit Goyal    Sorry for tagging you, but would it be possible for anyone at adobe to confirm you have read this and are aware of the very serious problem?

01.png02.png

ezgif-4-bd6288fc00.gif

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm - Performance is terrible, unreasonable CPU usage when idle. Believe it or not I still use Bridge CC 2018 because its literally 100x faster and smoother then this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm just going to confirm that Adobe Bridge CC 13.x.x is unusable by me on my 2018 iMac running Monterey 12.6.8 / 32gb.  All the same symptoms listed in this thread, Activity monitor shows 350% cpu, fans run constantly even if I am doing nothing, I get a blue "compact cache" flag every 3 min or so.  So I untistalled 13 and re-installed Bridge 12.0.4.268 from CC App and everything is blessedly normal. Both Bridge CC and PS CC show about 35% cpu uder heavy load with moderate intermittant fan, dropping quickly to no fan when activity has ceased and the programs are just "open" ... "Huston we have a problem"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I can no longer use bridge as it uses up far too much of the available CPU on my computer. It is becoming an intollerably useless application. This is sadder because it used to be so good befopre it was "fixed." Newer is certainly not always better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd add to this discussion as I am finding Bridge is basically unuseable in it's present guise. I'm using a M1 Max MacBook Pro fully loaded and the performance is appalling! Previews flicker and glitch, thumbnails become invisisble once relabelled ...until clicking on to another thumb, amongst many other issues. I have attempted numerous settings to see what helps ...but nothing helps. The now outdated CC version/s worked perfectly. Many people have been complaining about Bridge for a very long time it seems and since we all pay substantail fees for Adobe products, this really isn't good enough. I can conclude that Bridge 13.0.3 (the current version at time of writing) is unfit for purpose, so I would advise not using it at all; it will drive you up the wall!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add to the discussion as well, but not to play ditto. I've got a Mac Studio M1, and my wife has a Macbook Pro M1. In both, Bridge runs and runs with no issues. Yes, there are a few issues, but nothing as you describe. I use Bridge daily myself, and I do not have any image flicker; the thumbnails populate very quickly. The only problem I do have is that the Photodownloader is bogged down. This is a known bug and is being worked on. 

So, what settings have you done to alleviate the issues you are having? Specifically, what areas are you having issues with?

Thank you for helping me help you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines