• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2020 and Catalina: "A write permission has occurred"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Catalina (and thus from Bridge to Bridge 2020), I get an error when I start up Bridge 2020, and Bridge does not open after clicking OK on the error box.

I have seen other reports of a permissions issue between Bridge and Catalina but no clear instructions on how to resolve it. I'm not sure if this is the problem or not, but I'm hoping someone can post a step-by-step solution so that I can try it out.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

The solution can be found here:

Adobe Lightroom Classic User Permissions Issues-Fix-macOS

You open up the terminal application and enter: diskutil resetUserPermissions / `id -u`

Those are backtics (same key as the tilda on a mac). Or you can find your user id in System Preferences. If you only have one account on your mac, you are probably user 501.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina  requires permsions to acees almost evey facet of your machine.

Do a search here and you will find many threads about file permision issues an fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a search. I didn’t find what I needed. Does anyone have instructions
on how to resolve the permissions issue in Catalina and Bridge 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of the error. After the error message is displayed, Bridge 2020 crashes. Contrary to what jbm007 says, this issue is not widely reported anywhere. There are lots of other similar issues that have resolutions available, but not this one with Bridge. Other resolutions refer to adding the Adobe product to the Files and Folders Privacy access in the System Preferences, but Bridge does not appear as an option.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 11.30.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution can be found here:

Adobe Lightroom Classic User Permissions Issues-Fix-macOS

You open up the terminal application and enter: diskutil resetUserPermissions / `id -u`

Those are backtics (same key as the tilda on a mac). Or you can find your user id in System Preferences. If you only have one account on your mac, you are probably user 501.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is widely reported if you are using the Catalina OS.

Everyone is having permissions issues of some kind.

Some are relavant to your situation, some are not.

Glad you found the answer to your issue.

Will mark it correct as a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines