• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2022 Constantly Crashes in Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was prompted to update my Adobe Bridge, and upon launching the updated software, I was met with constant crashing. I can't even scroll more than two lines into a folder before the program closes.

For reference, here are my system specs:

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

16GB of RAM (2x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16

Zotac RTX 3060 12GB OC

Adata Swordfish 250GB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (This is the drive with the files I'm attempting to access)

If someone knows what to do about this, it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out, as this program is literally unusable at this point.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that Adobe Bridge is crashing. We're here to help.

Would you mind sharing your workflow? You are seeing this issue after the application update, right? Do you see any error messages? Did you try re-installing the application? If not done yet, please try.

Also, reset bridge preferences:

• Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.
  • Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps, have a look: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html#:~:text=Adobe%20Bridge%20c....

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have narrowed it down to a preference titled "Save 100% previews in cache" that is on by default. Turning it off seems to have resolved the issue.

I also discovered that this issue is not specific to Windows devices, as my school Macs have the exact same issue. Turning off the preference solved the issue there as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how it happened this way but perhaps this will help someone else...

I tried repeatedly to open Adobe Bridge 2022 only to have it drash when clicking on and photo. Started to uninstall then reinstall method when I noticed I had 2022 and 2023 installed. Uninstalled 2022 and everthing works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @A27829902a9dd, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Glad to know that you were able to solve it as well. Feel free to reach out whenever needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, absolute bloatware. I'm running Bridge on a Treadripper with 60+Gb of RAM and there's no way I can have the '100% Previews' on. Program must be made for Macs since the spinning wheel is on 50% of the time on WIN. Laughable at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to turn this off as well...been having constant issiues past 6 months or so. (Xeon 3.6, 12 Core blabla, 32GB ECC, 1TB 970 Pro SSD, library on 4TB Crucal MX500 SSD etc etc blabla....feel like I'm on a 486DX 16Mhz when running Bridge)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @PhotoSeb and @15kstudios.com 

Thanks for highlighting this. Sorry to hear that both of you are going through similar issues. Please try out the suggestions mentioned above. Also, share your system info and Bridge specifications. Have you guys tried re-installing the application? We're here to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines