• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2022 Continous Crashing Photo Downloader on Mac OS 12.01 (Monterey)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Bridge 2022 (version 12.0.0. 234) on my iMac with Mac OS 12.01.

I have tried many times to download pictures from my SD card, but Photo Downloader continues to crash and making up crash reports. Now I can't even repeat opening Photo Downloader anymore to show the fault message I receive.

I use Photo Downloader mainly to rename my downloaded files.

Please help me what I can do to solve this problem.

Adobe charges a hefty amount for an annual subscription for which I may expect a perfect software without such nasty problems.

Regards,

Miel

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

It has been some time since I have been here because there was a period Photo Downloader did actually work as it should.

With macOS Ventura 13.2.1 and Adobe Bridge 2023 Version 13.0.2.636  history repeats itself again and Photo Downloader does not recognize memory cards inserted in my iMac. Why can't Adobe engineer expensive software without continous bugs; even the same bugs as before in previous releases? Very annoying and unprofessional!

Regards,

Miel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Milowitsch,

We have released Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!,

Thanks for your reply!

I have installed Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686) and indeed Photo Downloader now reacts on an inserted SD-Card.

Also downloading and filename change works again.

However....., the name of the sub directory (sub maps) acts strange: a cryptic series of characters is first displayed and after a while the correct date appears under the subdirectory.

Also after editing the meta data template, some changes i.e. copyright information can not be saved and thus are not entered to the downloaded pictures.

Scherm­afbeelding 2.jpgScherm­afbeelding 3.jpg

So not ideal yet, but I hope it will keep functioning as it should, even after software updates of both Adobe and Apple macOS.

Kind regards,

Miel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines