• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2023 Keywords don't wrap

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the new Bridge 2023 and now all of the fields in the file info panels do not wrap the text.  My keywords are one long string of text.  Is there a way to fix this through settings or is this a bug? I need to revert back to the old version for now.

Joe

TOPICS
Keywords , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kelpfish is this also in the File Info Panel where the fields are way too long, so the field is huge but the text doesn't wrap?

I also ge tthe huge fields, but the text does wrap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelpfish,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us. We’ve added this to our engineering issue pipeline.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H. Just to add to this issue: I'm just starting to use Bridge 2023 after upgrading from older version on my Mac (OS Monterey 12.6) and am working on captioning pictures in the Metadata fields. Description field does not show the whole field like the keywords does. It makes editing the information very difficult as it's all on one line. This may be the same issue as text not wrapping... See attached. Making captioning impossible really. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still persists.  I have attached three screen shots. "Bridge file info' is the newest release. VERY long fields.  The file 'the way it should be' is from doing an file info from the latest photoshop.  The file 'bridge v. 2022' shows the older version of Bridge when you right click on a file and then select file info. This is how the latest version of Bridge should perform. It does not. At least on my IMac.  On my Macbook Pro it works as it should.  On my desktop, I get this performance.  I use file info from Bridge extensively to tweak desriptions and keywords so I dont have to open every image where I want to edit metadata.  

For my desktop I have also attached its info if that helps the developers.  Right now I have to revert back to older versions of Bridge.

Joe

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also (still) having this issue. Keywords and Description in IPTC/metadata fields don't wrap, making it hard if not impossible to work with. 

Bridge version 13.0.2.236
Mac Monterey 12.6.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. The Description field and Keywords field do not wrap, AND the boxes open extremely long. No matter if I resize, when i re-open the File Info panel it reverts back to long boxes and still no text wrap. 

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was REALLY hoping this would get fixed in the new version of Bridge. No luck.

Same issue, now with Bridge 14.0.0.102

It's making it difficult enough to work with that I've started working with PhotoMechanic instead, which doesn't quite mesh with my workflow as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG! It's fixed! (I completely forgot to check for updates before posting my previous comment).

I was on version 13 (something), I literally just opened Creative Cloud and ran 2 updates that I needed. It seems to be fixed. I'm now on version 14.0.0.102 as well. Hope yours will function as expected soon too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines