Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2023

Participant ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems with Bridge since 2023 (Case ADB-27450999-T6PS

Press red dot in uper left. Used to "clse" (minimize session but keep bridge running in background. Now it utterly closes. 

Am on MacOS Monterey 12.6.1

Being told I need to go to Ventura now .. a whole noew MacOS Version 

That seems wrong.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Thanks

You know that and I know that but Adobe does not seem to.

It some regards it is the "go way kid ya bother me" and some just to buy time.

I fully understand that one should be "reasonably current" in ones OS to ensure support but I agree that being told to upgrade to the new Version is WRONG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BobinMA 

Whoever told you that is a liar and an idiot. I do not use such language normally, but that person deserved it and should be kicked off Adobe support.

#1: Bridge is currently only able to open one window. Like other one-window applications, it will quit when you close the one window. Period. That's it. Rather than multiple windows, Bridge now offers multiple Content Tabs. There was a big uproar when the loss of multiple windows occurred, and currently, the engineers are working on returning multiple windows AND multiple Content Tabs.

Neither of these has anything to do with Ventura operating system. I do like Ventura, but updating to Ventura will not solve this issue. This is something that will be fixed when the engineers have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

You know that and I know that but Adobe does not seem to.

It some regards it is the "go way kid ya bother me" and some just to buy time.

I fully understand that one should be "reasonably current" in ones OS to ensure support but I agree that being told to upgrade to the new Version is WRONG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that this all worked in 2022 and all previous releases 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK .. Soo I just figurd out part f it but Adobe Support are still lacking.

The reason Bridge now closes when I hit the red button is that it NO LONGER ALLOWS MULTIPLE WINDOWS.

I had missed this. 

So in 2022 and earlier I could have multiple BRIDGE windows open simultaneously. Thus I coud close one and or another and BRDGE would go along hummingly in the background. Now that BRIDGE no longer supports multiple windows it no longer works and BRRIDGE just shuts down 

That stil does not resolve the fact that some of my groups unstack by themselves - Adoe says no one else is having that problem but I've seen it reported. o that is BOGUS. Just have to find the person.

So if anyone is having Groups unstacking please let me know. I will go digging tomorrow. 

They blame it on permissions and want me to go to APple to get it fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 2023 is not only quite buggy, but yes it changed some long-term, fundamental operations of the application.

Any problem with stacks is likely a bug, although stacks were not entirely reliable in previous versions.

Changing from multi-window to single-window is a major usability and design change, not a bug. I believe that the product managers have gotten the message that the userbase wants multiple windows. Whether and when this happens has not been made public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is the Bridge product was moved to a new team "offshore" . In that the new "Product Managers" really do not shiv a git about what users think. 

Support essentially told me I was stupid and that Bridge 2023 was behaving properly  when closing (pressing the red button) but I do not believe the support folks even understood that this difference from 2022 was caused by the major design change.  If they were smart or even knew this fact they could have simply and pleasantly explained to me this change was caused by a "feature" in 2023. But no, they just insisted that Bridge was working properly and cited Apple scripture and verse to support their contention.     This is one of the reasons I hardly ever believe the first-line support people.  (I also used to run mainframe and unix sysadmin groups in my career) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge developers have been based in India for some time. I don't know how their support personnel are trained but its not unusual for first-level support to be reading from scripts and to not be advanced users or techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost EVERYONE you talk to at just about ANY company when you first call, the first line support, is reading from scripts. 

Some 30-35 years ago, I was working out at a gym, and there was this other guy who was paralleling my routine and area, so we joined in spotting each other. Somehow, in the conversation, it came up that I used Macs and that he was a Mac support person. It also came out that he could not stand Macs; he was a PC user — tried and true. I asked him how he could help Mac users when that was not his computer of choice and that he'd have little depth to what he was talking about. He told me that he had a computer in front of him, and he'd type in what the issue was and read from that.

Now, this is not the Philopeans, India, or Pakistan; it was in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles County.

This is nothing new; nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge 2024 (Version 14.0.0.102).
This release brings back support for ‘Multiple Windows’ along with a few new features.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never never never update to the new OS when you are in the middle of a project (or a school term). It may break you system/workflow. I upgraded so I could us a new sparlkey app. My mac spend the night restoring from backup. Luckly I didn't have any homework due, so I was good. I'm sitting here on Ventura, I'm fine, the new version is there, the only feature I like is that I can finaly use my 5 year old MFI hearing aids on the mac, Buuuut it requires a M2 mac (and I have a 1 year old M1). Apple needs to realy wow me to make we upgrade. I eventualy will, but I'm in no hurry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines