• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2024

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This program has become more complicated and less useable. There are 2 big problems with it that will prevent me from adopting the new verion. Previous versions, i was able to add a shortcut in the system app preferences that would allow placing files in indesign with a shortcut function key of my choice. This no longer works in AB2024. Place in InDesign is not available in the new shortcuts window in this version. The folders that contain recent indesign, photoshop and illustrator files can no longer be added to the favorites panel. I am staying with AB2022 until these problems are addressed. Below are screenshots of the system application shortcuts menu and bridge 2022 shoing recent file folders. Gary, if you're reading this, humble me and tell me i am wrong. Ken?

richardg26365462_0-1700241998009.png

richardg26365462_1-1700242096268.png

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we are able to reproduce the issue. Team is investigating the same.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @richardg26365462, according to Navkamal, you are not wrong (and are reproducible!).

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  

We have released a new Adobe Bridge 2024 Beta build (14.0.2.150) which contains the fix for following issue: 

- “Folders that contain recent InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator files can be added to the favorites panel”  

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.  

For complete list of fixed issues, please refer to community post announcement 

The issue "Shortcut added in system app preference is not handled by Bridge" is added in our engineering pipeline. 

Regards,  

Bridge Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richardg26365462,

To set a shortcut in the system app preferences you need to enter the full path of the menu item in the title field, as mentioned in the official apple documentation.

As per your screenshot, you can use the menu titles “File->Place->In InDesign” and “File->Reveal in Bridge” in place of ‘In InDesign’ and ‘Reveal in Bridge’ respectively. In this manner, you will be able to get the shortcuts working with Adobe Bridge 2024 as well.

Regards,

Bridge Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,  

The fix is now available in production released version 14.0.2.191. We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.   

For a complete list of fixed issues, please refer https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html 

Regards,   
Bridge Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines