Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Adobe Bridge and GeForce Experience

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Just wondering if anybody else has GeForce Experience (the NVidia app) installed--not that it's really useful for anything expect for skipping a few steps in the Display Driver update process--but wanted to check if anybody else has the same experience:
Gefore Experience Screenshot 2021-10-17 150354.jpg

Adobe Bridge shows up as "Peculiar Ultra Humongous Cuckoo". WTF

There's no way to rename it on the app list (I have 3 apps detected by the app; the others are VLC and AutoCAD and they show up fine). 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled GeForce Experience and the problem is still there. Currently uninstalled Bridge but not yet reinstalled as I have no use for it, really ( I only ever use Photoshop and Acrobat). Is this normal? I've done several passes with Norton and Windows Defender and both come up clean. 

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any reference to our feathered friends but I do note that the so-called app optimisation disables hardware acceleration which seems to be a step backwards for me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm a bit afraid that this is caused by a virus, but I can't identify how I got it. I'm having a flickering problem when watching videos on the web browser (Brave) for a month or so too...  so I'm thinking about reinstalling the whole system. I'm hoping that there is a simple solution for this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a flickering issue when watching videos in full-screen as well now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

If this was done by a developer calling something inside of bridge like that and it now shows up in Gefoce Experience, what an absolute legend.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing! I also have one called "refgreshing mega enormous catfish" (affinity photo) and another one "Prudent Giga Gigantic serval" (davinci resolve) . WTH is this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultn510it39lc0y_0-1635130395589.png

Idem for me. Windows 11 pro MSI. ?????? VIRUS 

bitdefender didn't detect anything, everything is up to date I'm on insider version all recent updates / drivers .. are done! Help me ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, on a windows 11 fresh install. just send some feedback to nvidia about it.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use NVIDIA RTX Experience rather than GeForce Experience and my "Peculiar Ultra Humongous Cuckoo" has just landed after an update! So this issue is wider than GeForce.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADDENDUM:

Have taken another look at NVIDIA RTX Experience and apart from Bridge's metamorphosis into a cuckoo, I also note that the following DxO Apps have aquired similar attributes :

HDR Efex Pro = "ABSTRACT PYGMY SMALL SWIFT"

Color Efex Pro = "HOLISTIC PYGMY GREAT MACKEREL"

Silver Efex  = "MELLOW UBER PETITE BEAR"

So the issue is affecting more than Adobe Apps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's beginning to sound like a virus or something.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For real??? what the hell? Yes, same issue. I'm running a business here. I don't install anything that I dont need for my business. So why can't these giant comapnies Adobe and Nvidia act professional. Could be a virus I suppose. Where's the support?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with me 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my original post; I uninstalled Adobe Bridge (only) and the problem persisted (Oct 26).

Today (Nov 4) after reading some of the responses, I decided to check and see for any changes. I have auto updates turned off (because I don't like auto problems). The stupid reference to cuckoo birds is gone from Nvidia Geforce Experience (some magic). But not only the cuckoo bird reference is gone, all Adobe apps are gone.

Again, super annoying that these mega companies are just stuffing about with my business tools!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, finally I just reinstalled OS and updated drivers. Everything was ok till i was reinstalling Adobe Acrobat DC and extention with Brave Browser and video Glitch, and peculiar ultra humongous appeared again. IDK what to do. Maybe a virus within a cloud service or something.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so...

I just did a full system format, win10 installation, all updates, nvidia drivers update, no new browser (only Edge), and Adobe CC with Photoshop and Bridge installed: and still having the peculiar ultra humongous cuckoo name for Adobe Bridge. Cloud services are still syncronizing. So i'm just giving up and keep waiting for an explanation o any news.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buuut guys.. I find this funny. :)) Didn't think people would take it as a virus, but I guess if some do, then that is an issue.

Experiencing the same thing on Adobe Bridge (Peculiar Ultra Humongous Cuckoo).

What I do note on my machine, is that the name above appears for Adobe Bridge 2021 (which is no longer on my PC), as I've just updated today to Bridge 2022.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Mironelul this was one of the first threads I found on the issue; I was looking for it but couldn't find it again for some reason. 

Has anybody else tried to contact / gotten any response from NVidia?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and I have contacted Nvidia about the this and am currently moving through there tech support process. The few emails I have exchanged  with them they seem to think having my onboard graphics enabled is causing this problem. They suggested disabling it and reinstalling my graphics card and drivers. It didnt fix the issue. I'm going to stick it out with them until I get to the bottom of it or they tell me they are done trying to help.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SeanPyl disabling onboard graphics is something I haven't tried yet. 

Parallel to this, Intel Graphics Command Center (I guess the equivalent app for the onboard graphics) has stopped detecting my GTX1650ti as such and now it just says "Unknown 1F95". Maybe mistaken but I reckon it happened right around the same time I discovered this cuckoo thing. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the full text of the most recent email.

Thank you for the update and providing the requested details

From the system information report the graphics card and its drivers are being detected correctly. However, the onboard Intel graphics adapter is still enabled and could be the major cause of the issue

You would need to disable the onboard graphics adapter in the BIOS and the Device Manager with the assistance of your motherboard / computer manufacturer before trying to install the add on graphics card and its drivers , check if this helps.

It didnt help. And honestly I didnt expect it to. Also I noticed my intel command center reporting my 1080ti as "Uknown 1B06". I don't know when or if it ever reported the correct information or if it is related to this issue. Still working with Nvidia and I'll keep you guys posted if I learn anything.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this morning I must report that all the curious names have now disappeared.

I did absolutely nothing to achieve this!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Name now shows correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines