• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge CC 2019 (on iMac) Freezing When Moving Files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated all my apps to 2019 a few days ago, however now every time I move any images into a new folder in bridge the whole program freezes. I can open in camera raw, I can edit images, I can rename files, deal with metadata ---I can do pretty much everything BUT when I got to move any images into a folder or another folder, It freezes.

By freezes I mean: I can't close the program, minimize the window, I cannot scroll or click on anything in the window. Most of my items on the menu are grayed out, but some like open new window allows me to use them. (I attached images below)

The only thing that works is force closing the application and starting over. But still freezes every time I move anything again.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:

I have cleared my cache & settings. I have opened and worked on camera raw images in photoshop. All the other applications seem to be working as normal.

I have contacted adobe support via chat but they said they would email me a solution but didn't read my issue at all! They send me a thread reply on not being able to open camera raw images in photoshop. NOT at all what I'm experiencing. LOL.

I am currently been on hold with technical support for 25 minutes now waiting for a rep. UGH.

I'm taking a wild leap that someone here has a solution I have overlooked?

Screenshot 2018-10-26 11.19.31.png

Screenshot 2018-10-26 11.19.24.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Hi FullyAlive,

We are investigating this issue with Bridge CC2019

For now, please use right click to move files in CC 2019

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI I have been on the phone now for over an hour and the support person was not able to fix the issue... I had to go back to working on 2018 by downloading it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue. You can use the contextual move menu or revert to 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I wish Adobe knew it was an issue. I just wasted two hours today with a rep that couldn't help & didn't know that. lol. Thank you for clarifying. I reverted to 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FullyAlive,

We are investigating this issue with Bridge CC2019

For now, please use right click to move files in CC 2019

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge CC (9.0.1.216) which also includes fix for freeze issue.

Request you upgrade your Bridge version from Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop or https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/bridge 

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It fixed the issue for me. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sirs

I have the latest Bridge version on my Windows 10 laptop

I moved the folder in which my pictures were accessed by Bridge. I did it using my file explorer. Then, when opening  Bridge, it freezed with no possible action. It offers the choice to wait (endless !) or close the program.

I conclude that Bridge cannot handle the issue of a missing data directory.

I copied this moved picture directory to its initial place and Bridge worked perfect. This because it found pictures at their original place.

Then, I could declare to Bridge a new directory to find pictures and it found it.

In conclusion, Bridge cannot suggest to search another directory when the original one has been moved externally to Bridge.

Could you fix this bug ?

Thank in advance

Laurent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Sirs

I have the latest Bridge version on my Windows 10 laptop

I moved the folder in which my pictures were accessed by Bridge. I did it using my file explorer. Then, when opening  Bridge, it freezed with no possible action. It offers the choice to wait (endless !) or close the program.

I conclude that Bridge cannot handle the issue of a missing data directory.

I copied this moved picture directory to its initial place and Bridge worked perfect. This because it found pictures at their original place.

Then, I could declare to Bridge a new directory to find pictures and it found it.

In conclusion, Bridge cannot suggest to search another directory when the original one has been moved externally to Bridge.

Could you fix this bug ?

Thanks in advance

Laurent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines