• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge CS6 will not open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I intalled PS CS6 yesterday only to find that Btidge does not open. I've searched for answers since then and have yet to find any. I've reinstalled it just to see if that would make a difference, but it hasn't. I'm currently running Windows 7 64bit. Photoshop runs great, the only problem is with Bridge, and apparently I can't get any help from Adobe until tomorrow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Thanks mjw5997 for sending me the dmp file! We have checked it and found that this is a Brige code bug.

This launch issue happens when installing Bridge CS6 on a machine with Bridge CS2 installed.

We can fix it, but I am not sure when the fix can be released. Currently, we have a workaround: create an empty folder in C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\.

Thanks all for the information!

Best Regards,

Chun Xia

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
People's Champ ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repairing permissions did not help.

Quit Bridge, go to your user library ( by default hidden, menu go and press option to reveal it) and in preferences folder find and manual delete the 'com.adobe.bridge5.plist' file to the trash.

In same library: user (you username) / Library / caches / Adobe / Bridge CS6 and inhere find and delete both files ( Adobe Bridge Plug-in Cache and the folder called Cache.)

Same path for caches but now Adobe Camera Raw and inhere select all and delete to the trash.

Then restart Bridge holding down (again) option and choose reset preferences.

Hope this works for you otherwise an Archive and Install for OSX might do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no luck. And I don't think Archive and Install in Mt. Lion is the way to go because, as I mentioned in my first post, Bridge will start in the Guest User account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I don't think Archive and Install in Mt. Lion is the way to go because, as I mentioned in my first post, Bridge will start in the Guest User account.

That is what an archive an install does, creating a fresh user account library and copy the old one. I'm still not on Mountain Lion (waiting for the new macPro to appear) but I have created a install Disk myself from the Lion edition I did buy in the App Store. Also believe the archive and install is still an option, only can't check it now.

Try a Google search for this. In the past (CS3 and CS4 mainly) the new user account test was a common check if all other options did not work, and in those cases an Archive and Install did the trick.

You can try also first to uninstall CS6 and use the Adobe cleaner tool (read the manual carefully, no dangerous stuff but be sure to have a back up) and then reinstall CS6 again as fresh.

But no guarantee this will solve it either, Bridge can be quit critical on installing, don't know what procedure or action caused this but it has been a problem (not common btw) before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOTALLY FRUSTRATING FOR THE AVERAGE GUY WHO BUYS THIS EXPENSIVE SOFTWARE AND CANNOT UPDATE NOR USE BRIDGE.

NONE OF THESE SOLUTIONS WORKS ON A BRAND NEW MACHINE WITH BRAND NEW EXPENSIVE SOFTWARE. ABSOLUTE DISGRACE FOR SUCH A BIG COMPANY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the work around answer. Start Task Manager - go to Processes - find Bridge cs6 - click 'end process'. Bridge will now open. I have to do this every time to use Bridge - but at least it works again. (win 7/ 64 bit) Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines