• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge CS6 will not open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I intalled PS CS6 yesterday only to find that Btidge does not open. I've searched for answers since then and have yet to find any. I've reinstalled it just to see if that would make a difference, but it hasn't. I'm currently running Windows 7 64bit. Photoshop runs great, the only problem is with Bridge, and apparently I can't get any help from Adobe until tomorrow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Thanks mjw5997 for sending me the dmp file! We have checked it and found that this is a Brige code bug.

This launch issue happens when installing Bridge CS6 on a machine with Bridge CS2 installed.

We can fix it, but I am not sure when the fix can be released. Currently, we have a workaround: create an empty folder in C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\.

Thanks all for the information!

Best Regards,

Chun Xia

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this message now. How we can connect now?

what do i have to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://my.adobeconnect.com/chxyang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please help to enter the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved with permissions, thanks to ChunXia Yang!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alty33000 wrote:

Problem solved with permissions, thanks to ChunXia Yang!

For those that are following this thread what steps did you have to do to correct permission levels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not. I had a live connection with ChunXia Yang and he fixed it.

From what i saw, and he could give you more details... he changed the permission to READ & WRITE for Adobe files under my name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChunXia,

It seems to me that you are the expert to solve my problem.

i had started another discussion re bridge not starting but have found no solution so far. I then read all of this discussion and saw how you helped a user to overcome the issue by connecting to his machine. I am hoping that you can do the same for me.

Here is my discussion and the answer and things i have tried so far with no luck, if you are able to help me and make a connection please let me know when you can do this. I am in EST timezone and available from  about 5pm est every day.

Here is my discussion:

I have just installed CS6 from Disc, this runs fine but i am unable to open Bridge, either from within CS6 or by clicking on the Bridge icon in my taskbar.

I have read many forum discussions on this subject but have yet to find one with a good working answer to resolve the issue.

Is there a reason for the prolem Adobe? is there a fix or update? i have already checked that i have the latest updates running in CS6.

I have checked "task manager" on my windows 7 laptop, and it doesnt show any bridge applications running.

PLEASE HELP, i dont want to use $600 software which i saved up for only to find that a part of it doesnt work.

Any suggestions

Andy

Was this helpful?  Yes    No  

Replies     

•      Kendall Plant   

1. Kendall Plant,

Jan 23, 2013 11:36 AM    in reply to aking57 

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

To help others help you, please include additional details about the problem you are encoutering including what system and version you are running, any error messages, and the versions of the products you are using - if possible, provide a screenshot.

•      Curt Y   9,436 posts
    Dec 9, 2007

2. Curt Y,

Jan 23, 2013 11:40 AM    in reply to aking57 

Do you get an error message?

If you have previous version of Bridge installed check Task Manager Application Tab again.  Look for any instance of Bridge.exe

Dec 9, 2007

4. Curt Y,

Jan 23, 2013 11:52 AM    in reply to aking57 

Yes, uninstall the CS6 trial.  By the way the trial and purchased version are the same.  You could have entered your s/n on trial and have been good to go.  S/N determine whether it is extended version or not.

Dec 9, 2007

7. Curt Y,

Jan 23, 2013 6:40 PM    in reply to aking57 

Little confused.  You said you had CS6 trial on machine also.  Said you uninstall CS6 and reinstalled.  What about the trial?

Do you have an SSD and installed your temp file other than on C drive?

Try resetting preferences.  Hold down Ctrl key and start Bridge.  You should get a reset window.  Choose all 3 options.

Dec 9, 2007

10. Curt Y,

Jan 23, 2013 7:25 PM    in reply to aking57 

The disk install may have, but not sure.  To be on safe side uninstall CS6, again, then run Adobe Script cleaner.  This will catch any traces of program that the unistall did not.  THen reinstall.

Did you get CS6 from Adobe or some other vendor?

Dec 9, 2007

12. Curt Y,

Jan 23, 2013 7:48 PM    in reply to aking57 

Script cleaner here.  http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Best to accept default locations.  If you want to put specific file in certain locations it can get fouled up.  And do not move files after installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found this thread as had same problem of bridge cs6 not opening - haven't read through all replies so not sure if this has been suggested but I'm on windows 7 64 bit and right clicked bridge and checked the Compatability mode check box to run in windows 7 and it opened - unchecked and it doesnt. Go figure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  If I right click on the icon I see "Troubleshot Compatibility".  If you click on this it looks like it will lead you onto a checklist.  Is this what you are clicking on?  Win7 also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Curt, I right clicked the exe file, went to properties, compatability, then checked box 'run this program in compatibility mode for: then from drop down box chose windows 7. All other check boxes are off. WOuld be interested to know what this does because as far as logic goes its basically saying 'run this windows 7 program as a windows 7 program in windows 7'! but works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Well i tried everything that was suggested, including creating an empty folder in the c:\users\user name\app data\roaming\adobe\bridge cs6. Checking my TEMP folder, uninstalling and running adobe script cleaner, re installing, right clicking the bridge.exe and selecting run in compatability mode, pressing shift, control, alt. Launching bridge from within cs6 or on its own.

I even stood on my head and tried it , lol.

But eventually i cracked it................i created a new user account in control panel/user accounts, and it worked. I can now open bridge on its own or within CS6.

So now i have to move all my hundreds of pictures in LR4 to my new user profile. I intend to keep both profiles and just use the "new" one to run CS6 and work on my pictures.

So to cut a long story short dont waste time with all the other suggestions (as good as they are), just go straight in and create a new user profile and bingo.........

i am now so happy after a week of pulling my hair out.

thanks to all that tried to help me as i am sure you eventually let me down the correct path.........

Andy a happy cs6 and bridge user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had what sounds like a similar or identical problem. i.e. Bridge would not open - Windows comment that there is an error etc. No access from PS6 etc. 

The cure in my case was to go to the program files for Bridge, right click on Bridge.exe and select properties. Then select Compatibility and ensure that Windows 7 (or whichever version you are using) is selected in the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" 

When I checked this, it was showing nothing selected... After selecting W7, it loaded normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this worked for me as well, can now launch Bridge CS6 as expected, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confusion, yes too many potential problems on uninstalling an older version.  So keep CS2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robmarshall wrote:

I had to view system files in Windows Explorer in order to see all the program files to delete.

It should be safe to delete previous version files if you don't want to use the version again.

The first one is a monumentally bad idea.  Without a great deal of knowledge you will be unable to find all the files.  Uninstall should always be used.  Even uninstall does not get all the pieces and the Adobe Script Cleaner can be used to finish the job.

A properly installed PS should not interfere with another version.  They are all seperate programs.  In fact uninstalling a previous version can cause problems with the current version in some cases, mainly with file associations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A properly installed PS should not interfere with another version.  They are all seperate programs.  In fact uninstalling a previous version can cause problems with the current version in some cases, mainly with file associations.

Curt - I DID have problems with file associations (as well as Bridge problems). I loaded CS6 without uninstalling CS5. I did that in case there were any problems with CS6. When I started getting the Bridge and file association problems I uninstalled CS5 using the Adobe uninstaller, but it didn't delete all folders/files and I assumed I was continuing to get my problems because of those CS5 files - so I deleted them, and it seems to have worked.

I would have thought the best way to install any new version is to completely wipe all previous versions so you don't have Photoshop at all on your machine. Then run the cleaner tool http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html and then do the install of the new version. The Adobe instructions tell you to uninstall and clean the Beta version of CS6, but I wasn't using the Beta, I just went from CS5 to CS6. I can't find anything about running the cleaner tool in such circumstances. None of this is explained very well by Adobe. To recap, I would have thought that if you don't need a previous version the best thing to do would be to...

1. Uninstall the old version using the Adobe uninstaller.

2. Run the cleaner tool, just in case it didn't delete everything.

3. Reboot your machine.

4. Download new version and install.

Is that right? And if it is, were does it actually say that on Adobe website? The only mention I can find relates to removing the Beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct.  But the file association problem after uninstalling a previous version happens to only a small percentage of users, and until my campaign to fix this problem Adobe did not even acknowledge it occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a direct consequence of the unresponsive, elephantine Adobe bureaucracy's decision to keep a separate installer team and moving it to India.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, PS and Bridge engineers are not integrated either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

It's a direct consequence of the unresponsive, elephantine Adobe bureaucracy's decision to keep a separate installer team and moving it to India.

LOL! That sounds like the RBS bank computer disaster last week, where they claimed this week is was all down to a single operative in India doing something wrong... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/9358252/RBS-computer-failure-caused-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

Can you kindly enlighten me as to what on Earth that "Bridgeproxy.exe" file is on your screenshot?

I do not know either, but I have the same thing on my file setup so guess it is OK.

Yes, I had to enlarge my screen many times to see the imageshack screen save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Mountain Lion Adobe CS6 fully updated as of December 11 2012. Bridge will not launch and has never launched with this setup (MacBook Pro Retina Display)

I have only been able to launch Bridge if I startup with a fairly blank user account, not my regular setup. Any thoughts about what might be mucking it up in my usual account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts about what might be mucking it up in my usual account?

I have no clue how Bridge did muck your system up but in the before Lion and ML period this usually was solved by performing an Archive and Install from your original OS install disk. This provided a back up of your old user library and created a fresh one while all applications and files stayed on your system (although you should first make a back up of all important files for security) and took not more then half an hour. While I believe this is still possible but then you have to download the OS again from the App Store and create an install DVD your self (try and Google this for detailed info).

But I would first start with a Check and Repair permissions using Apple Disk Utility (in the application / utilities folder) and try if that solves this problem.

Could you report back if the permissions repair did work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repairing permissions did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines