• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge - get photos from camera/card

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in Adobe Bridge and uses it’s "get photo"-tool to download the pics from the cameras memory card. Been doing like this for many years w/o any problems.

But when Bridge got to version 13 something happened. At first it suddenly doubled the memory card. When I mounted one memory card, the "get photo"-tool showed “EOS_Digital #1” and “EOS_Digital #2”. Both "cards" showed the same images, but the ones on #1 was distorted in the preview (not when downloaded). This was a strange behavior, but not a big problem.

Today something else happend... Now the"get photo"-tool doesn’t show any memory card at all. I can see the card on the desktop (and in Bridge) and can manually copy the pics from the card. But the"get photo"-tool doesn’t show any card at all. I have tried several cards and two different card readers. But with the same result - the cards shows on the desktop (and in Bridge), but not in"get photo"-tool.

Any idea’s why this is happening and what to do?

The cards have been re-formatted in the camera. The cache in Bridge has been emptied. Mac OS has been updated. But I got the same result both before and after these measures.

MacBook Pro - Mac OS 13.2 / 13.2.1 - Adobe Bridge 13.0.2.636

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice to read that others experience the same problem I reported 3 weeks ago. I still haven't heard anything from Adobe about this, though. There is something wrong with Bridge, especially 13.0.2.636. Bridge has been dodgy since last year, too many fancy things added with too little focus on a program for professionals. 

Maybe I'm lucky that still can import files from my SD-cards. CF-cards I import directly from the card. They don't show up in Photo Down loader at all.

Bridge has ceased being for professionals and as a professional photographer I must be able to rely that the program to do what it should, not doing something odd with every new update. 

It would be nice to see a reaction from the guys at Adobe. As it is now I get the feeling they think everything is hunky dory. But it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, it is disgusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are aware of this issue and working on it.

Here is a help link for a workaround.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/bridge-and-macos-ventura.html

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your 'workaround' isn't very helpful - while asking me to replace my system software (Ventura 13.2) with an older version...

When will this problem be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, do not back up your OS because of this. What you may wish to consider doing is simply locate the card in the Finder, and manually download the images to a folder on your computer. If you convert your images to DNG format (I always do), you can use the DNG Converter. You can download it from here: (Adobe Digital Negative Converterhttps://helpx.adobe.com › camera-raw › using › adobe-...)

You can also set any default metadata from the Tools menu in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I can manage to download images manually. But once when Bridge recognises my camera I am able to rename my image files with a specific date - due to the photo downloader interface. This isn't possible anymore and it's quite a nuisance. Now I have to rename all my images by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Batch Rename in Bridge (under the Tools menu)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Gary. This works well, although it would still be more convenient if it's automatically done by Bridge.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hillep020547, I do not disagree. But sometimes, with computers, we need to get the job done as opposed to getting the job done the way it's supposed to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to working after the release of version 13.0.3.693 yesterday. So far anyhow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works also for me after updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF cards seem to work with Photo Down Loader in Bridge 13.0.3.693 now, but there are still the same problem with SD cards, i.e. Down Loader show EOS_Digital #1 and EOS_Digital #2, with EOS_Digital #1 only showing about 25% of the files on the SD card and the files are shown to be distorted. Refreshing did nothing, still the same problem. 

EOS_Digital #2 show all the files on the SD card and for me the down load was actually rather fast, to my surprise.

So, there are still some work for Adobe to be done before it works as it should and did once up on a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SD cards are working fine again, so no problem over here - maybe you should check the card itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested both CF and SD cards. Both works for me now. Maybe it's a fault caused by OS and Bridge combination? What OS are you working on? I'm on Mac OS 13.2.1 and Bridge 13.0.3.693.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a clomplete reset of Bridge to see if that was causing the problem. But no. CF cards still work fine, but SD cards show EOS_Digital #1 and EOS_Digital #2. No difference if  I "refresh the list". The only difference is that both EOS_Digital #1 and EOS_Digital #2 show the same amount of files on the card now. I've formatted and re-formatted my SD cards using different cameras but the problem is still the same. No difference if I use SD cards formatted in 5D Mk III, Mk IV, EOS R or EOS R5.

I don't think that all my SD cards should be faulty either, and I have a few. That would completely exceptional. Must try some SD cards from a colleague to see if their cards work fine. 

I'm on MacOS 13.2.1 and Bridge 13.0.3.693 too.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ditto, with SDXC cards from a Sony a7R4a.  Untitled#1 and Untitled#2 - both contain the same files with identical file lengths.  Finder sees only one copy of each image in the subfolder structure.  MOST annoying.  MacOS Monteray 12.6.3 and Bridge v13.0.3.693.  I'll update the OS today.

In passing only, Bridge also seems to have occasional challenges in seeing the SDXC card at all; again, Finder has no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines