• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge ParsValue unexpected char

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I get the below error message when i start Adobe Bridge. And the program crashes.

Does anyone get this message, and has resolved the issue. Please help.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 3.44.38 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Hello @Ashwin33755825fhg5 

Thank you for reaching out to us. We really apologize for the inconvenince caused. To better investigate the issue, it is a request to kindly share the following information at sharewithbr@adobe.com

1. Are you facing this issue on Bridge 2022, Bridge 2023 and Bridge 2024 all? Please mention the versions on which you are facing this issue

2. Please collect the logs using Adobe Log Collector tool

3. Are you trying to access the data on an external drive
4. In addition

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ashwin33755825fhg5 

Since your question is about Adobe Bridge, I've moved it to the Bridge forum for you. Have you already reset Preferences?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One probable reason could be a conflict (hardware / software)

Have you recently recently installed any software or add-ons. Try disabling them and see. Also disconnecting any recently added drives or hardware may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Yuvan5ED0 - we installed Netskope Client a security software, after disabling it. Bridge was running fine.

Will check with our IT Team and get the issue sorted. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jane-e Thank you so much 🙂 am new to the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Ashwin33755825fhg5 . We don't expect new users to know the ins and outs of the forums and we are happy to assist. 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Ashwin33755825fhg5. Is this a new installation of Bridge? Have you successfully run Bridge on this computer before, and NOW it's giving you this issue? Have you recently updated this computer with the latest software installation?

What model of a Mac is this? What is your OS, and what release? Lastly, what release of Bridge are you using?

Sorry for all the questions, but we are just trying to narrow down the possible issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @gary_sc No this is not a new installation of Bridge. Post migration from Windows to iOS, ie after getting a new MacBook Pro M1 Pro1 16" + 32gb RAM, we had installed the Adobe Creative Suite including Bridge. It was running fine. Later the IT department installed Netskope Client a security software, somehow there were 2 installations. Last week we formatted the Mac and installed the Creative Suite once again. As i launched Bridge, this was the error message i received. The OS is Sonoma 14.0 - after updating to this iOS the MacBook is running pathetically slow and also takes hell of a time to access the external HDDs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ashwin33755825fhg5 

Thank you for reaching out to us. We really apologize for the inconvenince caused. To better investigate the issue, it is a request to kindly share the following information at sharewithbr@adobe.com

1. Are you facing this issue on Bridge 2022, Bridge 2023 and Bridge 2024 all? Please mention the versions on which you are facing this issue

2. Please collect the logs using Adobe Log Collector tool

4. In addition to the logs generated by Adobe Log Collector tool, please share the following Bridge specific settings

• Windows location
    • Appdata - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge 2024 (all the content in this folder)
    • Registry entry - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Bridge 2024
  • Mac location
    • Appdata - /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge 2024 (all the content in this folder)
    • Registry entry -  /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.bridge14.plist

We might reach out to you to get more information but it would be helpful if you can share the asked details as early as possible. Also, it is a request to update the thread if you have any update from your IT team.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, has there been a solve for this.

I get the same exact issue on both 2023 and 2024 i have uninstalled both and have re installed 2023 (long time support version 13.0.5.763) i have attached a screenshot and a txt file with the crash report. I have never had problems with bridge until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! 
Without crashing with this error, I cannot get it to work for more than a few seconds. 
Has been a large disruption for daily work.

I'm running macOS Ventura 13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution but more of a workaround... at least for a batch renaming process I needed to do. When it opens and the dialog box pops up with the ParseValue error, DO NOT click the o.k. button to close out the error dialog as it will close down Bridge. Instead, click witin the Adobe Bridge program. The dialog box drops behind the program window and I was able to do my file renaming tasks. As lon as you don't close that dialog box error window, it should stay open and let you work. At least it did for me. Still, there needs to be a real solution to this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are actively working on this issue but to better investigate the issue, we need the asked information. 

2. Please collect the logs using Adobe Log Collector tool

4. In addition to the logs generated by Adobe Log Collector tool, please share the following Bridge specific settings

• Windows location
    • Appdata - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge 2024 (all the content in this folder)
    • Registry entry - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Bridge 2024
  • Mac location
    • Appdata - /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge 2024 (all the content in this folder)
    • Registry entry -  /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.bridge14.plist

5. Can you please check if signing out and signing back in CCD and then launching Bridge is resolving the issue for you?

6. Are you available for a screen sharing session? If yes, could you please share your preferred time?

7. Machine details (hardware, os)

8. Have you recently installed or upgraded any software on your system. For e.g. VPN, any security software, etc. If yes, could you please check if disabling it is resolving the issue for you or not?

9. Are you managing softwares or your own or is their IT department handling it?

10. Since when you have started facing this issue?

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rahul,

Based on your previous eMails have share the data, logs and other files that were asked for.

And have emailed 2 emails to sharewithbr@adobe.com on November 30, 2023 at 9.30 am IST &  and the 2nd email at 9.55 am IST. 

Please check and let me know.

Thanks,

@Ashwin33755825fhg5 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same exact issue here at my job.

One of our users started getting this exact error message 6 days ago.

Have there been any updates on a resolution?

Please and Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @John34113563fskn 

We are working on this issue but to better investigate the issue, could you please share the information asked in the earlier threads? Also,

1. Can you try signing out and signing in again through creative cloud desktop app and then launch Bridge? Please check if it resolves the issue for you?

2. We need to collect some logs from your system. Are you available for a screen sharing session? If yes, could you please share your preferred time? One of our team members will reach out to you with further guidelines.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this same error. Has made bridge unusable. Bridge 14.0.0 and 13.0.5. 

v12.0.4 working so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get v12.0.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me at least, I usually, I always keep old DL's of anything Adobe for instances like this...Olden but golden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue also, happy to contribute to troubleshooting efforts. Maybe it coincided with an update to MacOS? I haven't had this issue with Bridge until recently. Confirmed it happens with Bridge v14.0.1, v13.0.5. v12.0.4 does not exhibit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @findcoop 

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team member will reach out to you with next steps. Meanwhile, could you please check and confirm if signing out from app and signing in again resolves the issue for you?

Thanks, 

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming still no solution for this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, had replied to this on Nov 23, after this issue was discussed with our IT team, they disabled certain cybersecurity features of Netskope installed on my macbook pro. Post this Adobe Bridge is working Ok till date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashwin33755825fhg5

That's good to know, can you also please help us get the details of what features within Netskope were disabled?

Regards

Rohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines