• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge smooth scrolling please

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please switch out the integerized scrolling in Bridge, which only lets you scroll in disjointed whole-photo jerks, for the smooth scrolling every other app allows.  It's actually hard to understand the scrolling that's happening when I scroll in Bridge because of this integerized, jerky scroling that Bridge enforces.  

It would be much easier on the user if the scrolling was smooth just like all other scrolling experiences (at least in MacOS and Photoshop)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree absolutely, why the hack is Bridge the only one app in world that don't allow smoot scrolling? Do I miss something? I'm paing money for Photoshop and i should become this jerk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When scrolling through large sections of folders, it feels and looks like you are scrolling the opposite direction.  When scrolling down, it moves the lower folder one space higher than the previous which creates a weird animation effect that makes it look like it's scrolling the wrong way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears they fix it!!!! 

Rejoice! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.. they broke it... how do I fix it to work like before???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? 

Are you on a Mac or PC?

are you using a Magic mouse or track pad or other mouse?

It hasn't worked for the Magic mouse for about 10? years it seems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I misunderstood the OP issue, but I took it to mean they want smooth scrolling when viewing thumbnails, instead of the photo by photo 'jerkiness'.  When, in fact, that's the way I like ( and have done so since before creative cloud was introduced ).  With the latest release, I cannot scroll picture by picture anymore. I end up having to move the mouse wheel may more notches than before to get the image centered enough to be able to decide to 'select' it or not to be processed later. 

I don't mind if they can have smooth scrolling, but make it an option for those of us firmly entrenched in the old way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, yea, so this is/was? a different issue. Scrolling with the Magic mouse was an arbitrary increment in both the window preview and the folder side bar.  It didn't snap to next which would have at least been ok for ppl like your self. instead it would jump about 13x the distance you would expect from smooth scrolling.

I recall people talking about that feature and being frustrated that it was a couple pixels short of the next photo, so when you scroll it looks like your scrolling up. that would be just about as annoying to me. 😛

Anyhow, I can see that being perhaps a useful tool for comparing one image to the next, but I generally do that one image at a time in the large preview window to a/b the images rather than the thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to explain the OP's issue.  Not familiar with 'Magic Mouse'.. I'm probably cynical, but features labled cutesy like that rarely live up to the hype so I just avoid them.  As for my issue, I'm able to run Bridge 2022 and process my 2000 pics/event as before.  Hopefully they'll get 2023 fixed in short order.  There certainly are a lot of issues being reported.  Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magic Mouse is the Apples mouse. It comes with thier computers. (not laptops). 

It's a good mouse, especially when you add the Better Touch Tool App. Though a little to small for most people. The latest version though has possibly the dumbest design flaw apple has ever made... save for the Apple puck which was again a mouse for the original iMacs. this Wireless mouse needs to be plugged in from the bottom. SOOO DUMB.

Glad you were able to install 2022 again though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the apple trackpads (the magic wireless one on my iMac; the integrated one on my macbook pro).  @chrisdpage, you summarized my issues perfectly. @Scott_Avery I am sorry to see that when they fixed my problem, that caused an issue for you.  A checkbox in a preference file would be amazing... it could read "quantized scrolling" for people who want that and "smooth scrolling" for people who don't.  

Adobe actually met halfway - they simply decreased the size of the quantized scrolling units, so it's much more fluid for magic mouse and trackpad users, but it's still not smooth like scrolling a website is.  This is much easier on me than the old version of quantized scrolling was, but I still really wish for completely smooth scrolling - like I get on websites and in Finder.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the first instance of smooth scrolling on a computer was in 1990.

It'll be interesting to see jusy how many years decades it takes Adobe to catch up to the last century.

But I too am glad they are at least aware. This Halfway bandaid works well enough. (jumping ~13 px vs ~113px)

It's not great, but I've come to expect that from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no improvement after several years, lack of ambition...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They made a HUGE improvement, (nov 22). It's still jumpy, but it's tollerable. Tollerable is something people can live with. A glowing review for Adobe. 

I get it though. you'd think we're asking them to reach for the stars, but smooth scrolling is hardly even the sky this many decades in. So we'll just have to live with the ground floor for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would have thought by now they'd have used an intern or college student to fix it for them since they don't have a programmer that can do it anymore. This has taken so long, they might as well get an AI Bot to write it for them since they are to cheap to pay someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines