• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge Will Not Load Desktop Folder/File Thumbnails

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a new 2021 iMac; running Ventura 13.0. I've installed the latest version of Adobe Bridge, and the thumbnails from my desktop (folders and files) will not load, making the software essentially useless. The spinning pinwheel just goes on for literal hours. I've purged the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, downgraded to the previous version - all to no avail. Anyone have any ideas for a possible fix? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome. (now let's hope a bridge expert responds soon.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is NOT with Adobe; rather, it's part of Apple's protection service. They require YOU, the owner/administrator, to OK what application has access to the Desktop, external drives, and other potential sources of viruses and malware.

To resolve this in Ventura, try the following (note, I wrote this helping someone using Acrobat, just substitute Bridge for Acrobat):

Go into the System Preferences and select the Privacy & Security tab on the left, then select the Accessibility tab top.

gary_sc_0-1672518276930.png

 

Now, click on the "+" button on the very bottom, which will open a Finder's window into the Applications folder. Select Acrobat Pro. Be sure to slide the On/Off button to On (to the right). You may need to enter your administrator's password at some point. You also may need to quit Acrobat and reopen.

gary_sc_1-1672518276930.png

 

Please let us know if that works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the above and it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  ,  
Can you try with giving Bridge all the required permission( on Ventura) as below:
Go to -> System Settings -> Privacy and Security. 
Add Adobe Bridge 2023 to 4 of the items listed there:
1. Files and Folders,
2. Full Disk Access,
3. Accessibility
4. Input Monitoring.
Select each of these one at a time, and if you don't see Adobe Bridge 2023 in the list, Add by clicking on "+" sign.
Restart the computer. 

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Vijay
Just did 2- Full disk access - added Brdige and all fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines