• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge Workflow change format Color Profile option

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workflow in Bridge replaced the usual Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor and it would work just fine but when we choose to change format and want to convert for instance a TIFF file to JPEG it only shows an option of comprension. That would even be ok if it would change the original color profile of the images but unfortunatly, without any other option, it only works changing the images to the color space of sRGB.

Now with no other options the only way I can do a batch format change properly is in Photoshop trough File>Scripts>Image Processor. In the image processor I have the option of the check box "Covert Profile to sRGB".

Please improve Bridge to the same feature of option.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved this post from Using the Community forums to Bridge.]

Different tools for different tasks. 

Bridge is primarily a file management tool, not an image editor/converter.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy.

Completly agree, but unless I have a bug in my Bridge, I don't have any longer the option of Photoshop under "Tools" to do all the things I did before like resize and format change under "Image Porcessor"...

So now either I have to use exclusevly the Photoshop as an independet software or resource to teh Worflow in the Bridge, and this one as some missing features.

I have now Adobe Bridge version 13.0.3.693

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED? - After comparing all my settings between 2 computers I realised that I was missing scripts to connect Bridge to Photoshop. Re-installed the Photoshop and problem solved, now it shows again under "Tolls" with all it's features. Still would be nice to add an option that will not convert files to sRGB under workflow in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe suggestions have greater effect if made elsewhere.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

<"moved from using the community ideas"> 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglaf,

Has this topic been moved or shall I create a new topic on How-ti-user-voice? If moved where can I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines