• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe output module for Bridge CC 2018?

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Adobe output module within Bridge as part of my workflow, for easily creating web galleries of images for clients. With this latest update to Bridge CC 2018 it isn't there anymore.

How can I get this back or is there an alternative way to easily create web galleries of images in the photo suite?

I realise that LIghtroom is able to do this but it doesn't fit in my workflow and I rarely use it. I shot & output my images in Phocus, batch process into various formats in photoshop and then create web galleries via Bridge.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Mark.... Here is what I found digging thru Support Files:

Note:

Beginning with the October 2017 release of Bridge CC, the following updates have been made:

• A new Output workspace has been introduced to generate PDF contact sheet natively in Bridge. For help documentation, see Create a PDF contact sheet in Output workspace.
  • The Adobe Output Module (AOM) plug-in (explained in this article) is no longer supported and the functionality to create web galleries has been discontinued in the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Adobe's job to fix. I don't know what problems might be caused by an unsupported hack and don't want to encourage anyone to start modifying things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted to Bridge 2017 and can now use that version to create Web Galleries.  But for some odd reason the tool that used to exist to output JPEGs or TIFFs, etc. of RAW images selected in Bridge has disappeared.  I think it used to be in the Menu > Tools > Photoshop > Create Image Files.  In addition to this problem, Bridge 2018 scrambles my custom metadata templates, rather than sorting them in alphabetical order (like they used to be).  Since I have hundreds of custom metadata templates this has created a real time consuming hassle.  I wrote to the CEO of Adobe, a few days later a senior engineer called me with a promise to provide a fix within a couple days.  She called two days later to report the fix would not be done until "the next Bridge update, which could be a month off".  None of this is good.   Mark Weidman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with everyone else here, bring back the webgallery output. Removing this was a bad mistake.

The cloud is not an option for myself either. Have my own site that I upload to for clients.

Lance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add another voice to the debate.

Another professional who appreciated the time saving power of the wonderful web gallery output function in Bridge.I have tried Adobe Portfolio, but it is much more time consuming and fiddly.
Please bing back the web gallery output function Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE ....

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OUTPUT WEB GALLERY MODULE FOR BRIDGE !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, me too, need html web gallery back. It's simple and gets uploaded to my OWN web space for every job. This keeps it consistent with the last 15 years of jobs. I have to close Bridge CC2018 and open Bridge CS6 after I've finished photoshopping files just to export a web gallery....................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe. Listen to the professionals who require his feature. I work for an agency where we process tens of thousands of images and can not use your cloud feature due to client confidentiality constraints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that they have just added the PDF output back into CC 2018 in the latest update. Hopefully, that is a sign that they will reintroduce an ability to generate and upload HTML web galleries soon.

I would also like it if someone could show us how to get the old web galleries working in Brdige CC 2108. For now, I will stick using CC 2107 as I use the gallery generation every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to create a small presentation website in Bridge today, and was faced with a question mark on the Bridge Icon only to discover I HAD to install the newest version. No more web gallery.

I appears as though the term "my workflow" is now "Adobe workflow"

Please someone for the love of god put us out of adobe hell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why they removed it from Bridge 2018. But you can download Bridge 2017 and run them both (just not at the same time). I just did and I see that the Web Output module is already installed in Bridge 2017. I haven't tested it yet, fwiw.

f-weboutput.png

To download Bridge 2017, go to your CC app, find Bridge in the apps, and open the menu to the right of the entry and choose Other Versions. There you'll see Bridge 2017 listed and you can install it.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to use the Web Gallery Output for a long time because viewing the gallery requires Flash, and none of my browsers support it. Chrome is set to run Flash but ask first, but it never gets that far ...   I just get a spinning beachball. Safari has the Shockwave/Flash plugin installed, but ditto, just a beachball.

Is Flash dependency for Web Galleries not an issue for anyone? How have you/your clients worked around it? I'm curious.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Anne.

Flash dependency has pretty much killed the whole web gallery for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, all users affected, post on http://feedback.photoshop.com and explain why you need web galleries, why portfolio does not work for you, please give a link here and ask others to vote, explain and comment on your suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am another Pro Photographer who was infuriated and badly affected by the loss of Galleries from Bridge CC 2018.

I bought the stand-alone version of JuiceBox (JuiceboxBuilder-Pro) and I now Drag-&-Drop selected images (in bulk) directly from Bridge into the JB-Pro window and output a properly formatted HTML Gallery from JB-Pro.

I have created and saved my own Presets so building Galleries is both easy and fast. I have found that JB-Pro has far better tools for customization than Bridge ever had and so it can create far more attractive Galleries.

I use FileZila to upload the finished Galleries to my web site and use Dreamweaver to create a Site Index page with Links to my various publicly-viewable Galleries.

(I upload private Galleries in the same way and send direct links to those who need them.)

This is a Link to my web site if you would like to see the output from this workflow:

Photography by Ann Shelbourne

(The galleries listed at the beginning of the List are the JB-Pro Galleries; the ones further down the page are Flash-based and were created through Bridge Galleries and will gradually be rebuilt in JB-Pro as I get around to doing it.)

Regarding Flash:

Flash still works for me in both Safari and in Firefox when run on Mac OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan) which I have no intention of updating until I absolutely have to!

There is also an App for IOS which will open Flash-based Galleries but not many people probably have installed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, thanks for suggesting JuiceBox, which I will check out immediately.  I had never heard of it previously.  And, your bird photography is particularly nice.   Mark Weidman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark:

Thank you for your kind remarks about my photography.

I hope that you like JB Pro — you do need the Pro version (which is not free) to get the full advantages and flexibility from the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I want this back for sure....as a PRO as well I would never upload to a cloud. Too time consuming and like most of us we prob. signed some agency document that forbids that.

Way to go adobe for making a great simple task harder to accomplish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE ....

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OUTPUT WEB GALLERY MODULE FOR BRIDGE !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE PLEASE BRING BACK THE OUTPUT MODULE FOR BRIDGE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, Do post on Feedback.photoshop.com as well, and vote on an existing thread on the topic, make your voice heard everywhere, do explain how it breaks your workflow, why portfolio or other tools do not fit the bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All those pro's asking to bring back Bridge's web gallery feature.  Here's the word from an amateur. Bring back Bridge's web gallery feature.

What I am is a pro software developer, and that is why I can tell you what is going on behind the scenes.  We have a term "constructive entanglement", which is not always constructive to the user.  If Adobe can get us to post our pictures on their server (the cloud) instead of on our own servers, we will grow more dependent on Adobe, making it just that little bit harder to switch away from their products and servers.

Here's a thought for Adobe.  Go back to making great user-centric software, and we'll stick to you because of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines