• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photo Downloader doesn't see Samsung CFexpress Card Reader

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to get the Photo Downloader to see the Sandisk CFexpress type B card reader with a Sony CFexpress card?

Both Adobe Bridge and LR Clasic see the card reader and card, and can access it.

iMac 2012 running Catalina 10.15.6

Is this anything that can be fixed on my end? If not, where do I submit a bug report?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Bridge 2023 update to photodownloader, the above solution no longer works.  Come on Adobe, get this fixed!

Now, I have to copy the image files from the CFExpress card to an SD card which thankfully can still be read by the Adobe Bridge 2023.

Really, really clunky!

Also, see my other posts on the way Photodownloader does not work properly.  Make this version work like the 2022 version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @oboegary Actually, the ability of PD reading Express cards has been hampered for much longer than this recent release, at least as reported by those with them. (I do not own an Express card so I cannot test these issues).

But why would you move the images from one card to another to ingest into your computer? Why not just do the old fashioned drag the images to your computer. Any conversion to DNG, naming, copyright data, etc. can be done from within Bridge and/or the DNG converter at that point. 

I"m not saying your wrong, I'm just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had this identical problem and reported it in April 2021 and spent hours on phone with Adobe.  Was told they are working on it, but found our this past March from Adobe, they were not.  Plan to call them again in September.  I then got the latest Mac and OS, but this was no help either.  Understand may have this issue so I am both surprised and frustrated that Adobe has not addressed it.  I suggest calling Adobe Tech Support.  I actually spent several hours with their engineers about a year ago to help them eliminate any issue on my end and there were none.  Have not seen any update on Photo DownLoader.  Good luck and let me know how it goes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. This is a total nightmare. I bought a super fast Thunderbolt 3 card reader for my new Mac and it doesn't even work with my CF express cards - which is what I use. Nor does my older USB card reader. And giving full HD access or documents and folders access don't work. The only way I can get it to work is to connect the camera directly which is suuuuuppppper slooooow. I thought Adobe was supposed to be better with Macs, but clearly not, my previous PC it worked like a charm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here it is November, and I just discovered  the same pfoblem with Pro-grade cfexpress cards. You'd think by now, as long as this thread's been open, that Adobe would have solved the issue. Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

For CFExpress card not coming on the list, we would like to have more information about the setup/hardware you are using

1. Type and model of CFExpress card
2. Model of CFExpress card reader

3. Are you trying to access CFExpress card directly through camera or through card reader?

It would be really helpful if we can get as many inputs as possible to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I'm on Win 11, both on my laptop and desktop. I have the Prograde, Pergear and Angelbird USB3.2 (USB-C) CFe card reader. I have the same brand cards in 325 and 512GB versions. *NONE* of them in any combination are recognised by Bridge, as Bridge only recognises "removable drives". The CFe mounts similar to an SSD and it should be just a matter of protocol change in your Bridge import routine to recognise *any* drive instead of "removable drive" only.
We subscribers are paying Adobe a substantial amount of money every month and with more and more cameras released with CFe cards, this issue should be solved. It's been more than 2 years since cameras adopted the CFe standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines