• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIRobin Error message

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So about 20 minutes ago, Bridge decided it could no longer open PDF files in Illustrator 2020. 

I get the standard "AIRobin cannot open files in the PDF document format"

When opening PDFs from Finder, there is no problem. When using Bridge to open PDFs in Illustrator 2019, there is no problem. 

I have already manually changed the bridge preferences to use Illustrator instaed of AIRobin, but still no success.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Bridge's Preferences and select the File Type Associations and make sure that it's set to Illustrator.

Let us know if this solves the problem.

2020-02-14_15-03-38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted in the original post, I have already done this and it did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chimneyphish, I am having the same issue. I design in Illustrator, save to PDF, and open from Bridge in Illustrator ALL THE TIME - until today. Very annoying because you can't see files as well in Finder. What made this suddenly happen Adobe? Please find us a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same issue, but have come up with a (somewhat inconvenient) workaround. You can drag the PDF icon from bridge into illustrator and it will open the file. Still not working "as intended" but a little easier on the workflow from havig to open finder windows. Since Adobe has gone radio silent on this, I'll take what I can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A web search will turn up numerous posts about this. Sounds like changing Bridge and system opener preferences is the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I checked google before coming here. As noted, changing preferences didn't work for me. Thanks, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Same problem for me, too. Eventually, did you have a solution to solve this? Open PDF with Illustrator using "Open with" is definitely something we use a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines