• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying Drag and Drop behaviour

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new 2022 Bridge 13.0 I experience an annoying behaviour when I move files from the current folder to another folder in the folder list by dragging and dropping. After dropping the files the folder list automagically jumps to the top. Therefore I need to scroll down again, to move the next files to the directory. Very annoying! Can't the view just stay the same after dropping? It doesn't make any sense to scroll to the top after files were dropped to a folder.

I think this wasn't the case in the last version.

Not really an error but a usability problem.

TOPICS
Feature request , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this!  It's very annoying the previous version the folder list stayed when you moved thumbnails over to a folder.  I went through all the settings and see nothing to adjust this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to write this up as well, no matter the file function is done, the default is to go to the Top of the page vs. stay at the last location/area!  Please Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely needs to be fixed. This is extremely annoying, so that I now often do without bridge. Please Adobe fix this bug as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to the previous version of Bridge becuase of this very reason.  RAW files not opening in Photoshop (after ACR) consistently wasn't nearly as annoying as this...but both issues completley messed up my usual workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug that will be fixed at some point. No, I don't have any idea when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds good, but I don't see it in "CC Desktop" as option yet. Do I just need to wait or is there another place to look to download the update?

Thanks, Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @UfgPr It is there. Be sure to be in the Updates tab, (the 2nd one down). If you do not see it, click on the "Check for Updates" text on the far right. If you still do not see it, quit and restart the ACC application. 

But it is out and being updated everywhere now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK now I see it too. Thanks. Just loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm, it is fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Bridge now when I drag and drop sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't work.  The photos stay in the folder I'm trying to move them out of.  Now what??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is quite sensitive with the position of the cursor when you drop the files. Have a look how the cursor changes from a stop sign to a rectangle. Then you can drop the files successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines