• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying missing features

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started using Bridge to download photos (this is the first reasonably satisfactory photo downloader I have found since the Windows XP downloader, which I have been using up to now).  But it is very annoying to have to entirely redo the save options every time.  I always do essentially the same thing, but it doesn't seem possible to change the defaults.  People complained about this in the last version (apparently earlier versions allowed default changes), and it was thought this would be fixed in the next version, but it wasn't.  And why won't it just let you automatically number the photos starting with the next number after the photos already in the folder?  Whenever I save photos to a subfolder which already has photos in it I have to open the folder, find the last number used, and manually set the numbering to start at the next number, which is very annoying.  For that matter, why do we have to deal with subfolders at all?  Why can't we just specify a folder and have it save to that folder, using the folder name and automatically numbering the photos starting with the next number not used in the folder (the XP downloader does this).

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried ImageIngesterPro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are not interested in fixing the shortcomings of the Bridge downloader I'll have to keep looking for a satisfactory alternative.  But I think the things I want to be able to do are no-brainers and for the life of me I can't understand why someone would design a downloader that can't do them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines