Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another rollback to Bridge 2018

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a Rollback to Bridge 2018.

Frankly, the consequences of a rollback can't be any worse than using Bridge 2019. I have experienced constant delays starting the application on my current (competent) Windows 10 machine, "ET Phone Home" or (something else), is going on. I have no cloud files, no network shared folders, & have cleared nearly all options that can be disabled. And the crashes, I crash at least once per session though admittedly in some cases if you wait out the (Not Responding) notice in the title bar it, more than not, eventually recover.

Left to guess I would say the newer options to interface more deeply with Windows File Explorer may be one of the culprits. 

This keeps happening Adobe. While pushing the envelopes to be the first to send your applications to the moon or do full blown publishing on a smartphone, you're making it more and more difficult for those of us on desktops who have been using and supporting you for decades.

What's my question? Why does this, (reset our work environment every time you do a major update) phenomena, have to keep happening? I spent half a day recently reviewing QuarkXPress as an option to InDesign. I'll go back to Windows File Explorer as a main file interface if needed and, Photoshop is not the only game in town, notably the overall, best but not the only one. This is where we're at folks! Now is the point where less complaints without solid resolutions may be an indication that your clients are moving on. 

Once again,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gil_w,

Please share the issues that you are facing with latest update of Bridge CC with abseth@adobe.com

This will help us review and improve the experience in future releases of Bridge.

Regards,

Abhishek Setth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek,

I'm sure all the specific technical details are in the crash reports.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are having problems as well with Bridge CC 2019 crashing on startup. No issues with Photoshop CC or with CS6 Bridge or any of our other browser tools, only Bridge CC. We cannot rely on Adobe for stable applications that will not cost us days of productivity and problems on deliverables to clients. We will stop using Photoshop and Bridge CC applications in the coming weeks as the cost to have our people learn to use new applications is less than the cost to have the Adobe applications failing.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH

Application Name:        Bridge.exe

Application Version:      9.0.3.279

Application Timestamp: 5ca38150

Fault Module Name:     nvoglv64.DLL

Fault Module Version:   23.21.13.9077

Fault Module Timestamp:       5a67b365

Exception Code:            c0000005

Exception Offset:           0000000000c0f8b2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines