• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

batch process goes to wrong folder

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I created an action in CS6 to taked tiffs and process with various parameters into jpegs, when I'd run the action as a batch from Bridge, they would go into the same folder.  But now in CC, they go to a set folder, and I have to change the last save function to go into the present folder, and so on, every time I want to process a batch in another folder.  

I think originally, it was 'save in same folder' but now it is save where last saved.  Can I change that option or do I have to create a new action with all the steps I have in the other?

TOPICS
Batch , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

script time?  I am surprised that no one could tell me the simple thing that I had forgotten during a long period of non-use.  Set it to 'save and close'  instead of 'folder' before running, and choose any folder if one wanted to go somewhere else.  Not necessary to creat new folders either unless desired.   SAVE and CLOSE is right answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should create seperate presets for each folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hundreds of folders, not feasible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it 's script time.

Lumagraphics where are you .........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't done batchs for so long and I thought I found the solution.  Before running the macro, which puts a watermark and copyright on tiffs and saves as jpegs, there is an option at the top that has the choices of  none, folder, or save and close.  It was on folder, so that is why it was going to a certain folder.  So I changed to save and close, and it created the jpeg in the same folder, but the macro stopped and asked if I wanted to save the still open tiff file.  I wasn't sure so I tried over again with a duplicate.  If I let it save, then it was overwritten and ruined with the watermark and credit.  So  I thought maybe it made a difference whether the 'save as' over-ride function was checked or not.  It didn't.

So then I decided to create a folder where jpegs would go.  I set it to go to that folder and whether 'save as' is over-ridden or not, it still stops on the 1st file and asks if I want to save the tiff (After creaing the jpeg in the desired folder) So it is not much of a macro now, because it will stop on every file instead of running the batch as before. Why is it doing this now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I don't know what is different.  The problem one is for vertical shots.  The action was dervied by duplicating that for horizontal and changing parameters to suit.  It stops on every picture.  No I tried the horizontal one.   I had made changes on both to be a larger and better quality picture.  The horizontal version goes through all without stopping.  I don't see what is different.   At least I usually have far fewer verticals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

script time?  I am surprised that no one could tell me the simple thing that I had forgotten during a long period of non-use.  Set it to 'save and close'  instead of 'folder' before running, and choose any folder if one wanted to go somewhere else.  Not necessary to creat new folders either unless desired.   SAVE and CLOSE is right answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines